Chapter Five- Kodi

Start from the beginning

I shrugged, "I'd just rather forget about those first four years as it is."

"How can you even remember back that far?" Charlotte joked, "I can barely remember yesterday."

"It's easy to remember nightmares..."

Suddenly Master Grey arrived, grabbing our attention to the front. Everyone stood immediately until she told us to be seated.

"We are going to have a pop quiz today," Master Grey announced. I wasn't terribly worried by this for they were nothing new. "But it will not be just any quiz. It will be a final passage before our eldest go off to pick majors this afternoon."

That slightly worried me.

The classroom door opened again, and in entered the six missing girls, each carrying a box.

"The quiz is simple. Six sit up front and are asked questions in other languages one by one. If you answer incorrectly, you are shot. Understood?" Everyone nodded quickly. "But there is a twist," Master Grey added, "each of the six will wear a bag over her head. You must answer five questions to be safe and return to your seat. Each time someone returns or is shot, another student takes her place," she grinned to the six incoming girls, "except for our fine helpers. They will be the ones holding the guns."

The six shooters were all brand new to A. All were either vicious or lucky enough to be here.

"Would my little helpers choose our first six volunteers?" Master Grey moved to sit at her desk.

The first girl chose Yansala. Vaughn was picked next. Two girls named Darby and Mansa were called on shortly after. And then of course the incredibly heinous and masterminded new red head called me up. I glowered at her as the last girl picked another newbie whose name was, I think, Tansalie.

We stood in a line as our own shooter covered our heads with a dark cloth bag. My head knocked against the newbie's and then Mansa's as I tried to give myself room to breathe.

Master Grey seemed to notice, "Stand still, Miss Marksun."

"Yes ma'am," I immediately stopped moving and waited.

Then the quiz began. "Yansala, çfarë është emri i kësaj shkolle?" Master Grey asked in Albanian. (What is the name of this school)

"Emri i shkollës është Valhalla," Yansala answered flawlessly. (The name of the school is Valhalla)

"Vaughn, quin és el meu nom?" (What is my name) That was Catalan. I almost didn't recognize it for a moment.

After a few moments of stuttering, Vaughn quickly answered, "el seu nom és Mestre Gris." (Your name is master grey)

"Darby, eotteon keullaeseu lebel-iibnida." (What class level is this?) Korean. I knew that language anywhere. One of my best in primary.

The girl, Darby seemed to be confused. "Uliui eon-eo keullaeseu?" (Our language class?) A gun immediately went off, the thud of a fallen body following soon after.

"Nazani, take her place!" Someone called, probably one of the shooters.

Then Master Grey asked Mansa the same question, "Mansa, eotteon keullaeseu lebel-iibnida?"

Without hesitation she responded, "i keullaeseu lebel-eun gajang nop-eun lebel-ui keullaeseu in keullaeseu A." (this class level is class A. the highest class level)

"Kodi, Koliko ste stari?" Master Grey spoke to me in Slovenian. (How old are you?)

I spoke up pretty quickly, "Jaz sem osemnajst let." (I am eighteen)