Chapter 19: The Archer

All the king's horses, all the king's men

Couldn't put me together again'

Cause all of my enemies started out friends

Help me hold onto you

I've been the archer

I've been the prey

Who could ever leave me, darling?

But who could stay?

(I see right through me, I see right through me)

Who could stay?

#####

September 4, 1995

Juliet thought she would be indifferent on her last first day in classes. Instead, she was rather melancholy. Maybe it was because in less than two months she would be engaged or the fact that after seven years she wouldn't be seeing her best friends almost every day. Or it could be that going to Hogwarts, going to school, has been the only thing she's ever known. It was her safe haven, a place where she could do and be whatever she wanted without familial expectations.

And Juliet would miss sitting under the willow and looking out at the lake. She had a free period as although she passed Charms, didn't get an acceptable grade for her N.E.W.T.S so while her friends were in their classes Juliet was just enjoying the peace and quiet.

"I thought I'd find you here," A deep voice chuckles behind her.

"Freddie!" She grins, jumping up and pulling him into a kiss.

"Hey darling," Fred smiles as he pulls away and sits down with his back leaning against the trunk.

"How was your summer?" Juliet asks, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Boring," Fred mumbles and tugs her to sit down in between his legs. Juliet obliges and leans her back against his chest as she pulls his arms to wrap around her as Fred continues, "I'm more interested in how your summer went."

"Fred," Juliet sighs.

"I want to know," Fred states and kissing her shoulder, "It was all I thought about all summer."

"Fine. But you can't get mad at me." Juliet says, turning around to look at him.

"I won't get mad at you," Fred says, squeezing her tight.

"The first one was Marcus."

"Flint?" Fred asks, "He's so old and mean."

"He's two years older than us. He's also Cassie's brother and he's always been there for me. And once I tell you the other three he makes the top 2," Juliet chuckles.

"Oh Merlin," Fred mutters, "Go one."

"Then Cassius, then Ambrose, and rounding it out is Adrian."

"Fucking Pucey?!" Fred yells.

"You said you weren't going to get mad at me." Juliet huffs.

"I'm not mad at you," Fred smiles and kisses Juliet's neck, "I just fucking hate him."

"Believe me I know," Juliet sighs and leans back onto his chest, "I don't know why you want to know?"

"I got to find out who my Paris is," Fred chuckles as Juliet fiddles with his rings.