Chapter 3: Kissin U

Sparks fly, it's like electricity

I might die, when I forget how to breathe

You get closer and there's

Nowhere in this world I'd rather be

#####

October 17, 1994

"Shit," Juliet mumbles as her charms essay gets passed back.

"What did you get?" Re whispers.

"A dreadful," She huffs and shoves the piece of parchment in her bag.

"I'm sorry," Re says and rubs her shoulder, "I was just one point from Poor if that helps."

"I appreciate you trying," Juliet chuckles darkly.

"Alright class, that's it for today." Professor Flitwick states, "Read ahead to the next chapter and come prepared with notes already so that we can begin the practical portion."

As Re and Juliet get up to leave Professor Flitwick comes over and pulls Juliet to the side. Re gives her a sympathetic look as Juliet mouths, go without me. Professor Flitwick then begins to explain his worry for Juliet's grades and recommends her to a tutor, the top of his class, who surprisingly is Fred Weasley. Juliet can hardly believe it. She mutters a thanks to him before exiting the classroom. She has a free period now and hopes that Fred has one too.

She passes by Katie, in the hall and figures that she may as well ask her, "Hey, Katie right?"

"Uh yeah," Katie says rather coolly, looking her up and down.

"I'm looking for Fred. We have Charms and I need to talk to him. Do you know where he is?" Juliet asks, picking her nails.

"Uh I think he was headed to the kitchen, he's always hungry," She chuckles.

"Thanks," Juliet nods before heading toward the kitchen.

Luckily, she runs into him as he's exiting with an armful of cookies. He doesn't notice her at first as she freezes in her path. She hasn't talked to him since the quidditch match, his tone about who her family is rubbed her the wrong way. It's not like she asked to be a Malfoy. Before she can think about retreating, Fred looks up and meets her gaze as he has a cookie hanging out of his mouth.

"Juliet?"

"Hey Fred," Juliet smiles and tucks a stand of hair behind her ear.

"What can I do for you?" He asks trying to straighten up.

"Um... this is embarrassing. I'm failing Charms and Professor Flitwick said I needed a tutor, and well you're the top of the class, So... will you tutor me?"

"Yes."

"Listen I really need help. This isn't some practical joke. I really want to pass and if you're the best I want to learn from the best."

"Juliet," Fred says, clearing his throat, "I already said I'd do it."

"Oh" Juliet squeaks, "Thanks."

"Want to start tonight?" Fred asks, "After dinner? Say 7 at the library?"

"Yeah that would be great!" Juliet says rather relieved.

"See you then," Fred grins. 

######

Fred can hardly sit still through dinner as the only thing on his mind is his tutoring session with Juliet later. He can feel George looking at him with a smirk but chooses to ignore him. He practically shovels his dinner into his mouth before rushing to get up and heads towards the Gryffindor common room. He takes the stairs two at a time and waltzes into his dorm digging through his trunk to find his Charms textbook and heads towards the chapter they're going to go over tomorrow.