𝟢𝟦𝟧,𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐚𝐲

FORTY - FIVE

I'm not sure why I'm not taking the test before I talk to Thomas. I guess imagining if I had a girlfriend and she walked up to me, telling me she's pregnant, would be weird. I'd want to be there during the test, not be a part of it only after.

I've also damaged the insides of my cheeks by the amount of times I've bitten them. Then my nails, and ugh, sleeping with all the thoughts and everything that's so complicated. My period, eating, the number, Thomas's behavior, Janson, Gally...

I'll finish all the problems off. Starting with asking Thomas if he has time to meet up.

Just when I grab my phone, there's a ping. Exactly from who I wanted to text.

Thomas <33

Hey
Are you free today?
Tuesday

I think I'm aware it's Tuesday :)
But yeah, I'm free

Great.
2 PM, my house?

Sure. I need to tell you something anyways

No going back now.

Same.
See you at two.

Byee!

I'm already freaking out. Because if the test is negative, it does mean I really messed myself up. Also not good. But better than a kid. I can't handle that right now. Nope.

"Hi," I murmur, wrapping both of my arms around him. "Good to see you."

He pats my back. "Likewise."

Likewise? Are we at a formal meeting or something?

Whatever. Smiling, I let go of him. My eyes move over his face. The lovely brown eyes, parted lips, curved nose, thicker eyebrows, messy hair. This is the boy I love. Who would never judge me, and who I know will be there.

Really poetic, but it's true.

"We'll go upstairs," he decides. "Want a drink?"

"No, thank you." I follow him, the quick steps causing me to be out of breath once we've arrived in his room, so I sit down on his bed.

The sheets are dark blue, just as the walls. Thomas got more of the furniture in blue and white, actually. It's nice.

He doesn't sit down. He just wanders around, head down, fidgeting with his fingers and murmuring things.

"Thomas?" I cock my head to the side. "Everything alright?"

Thomas stops whatever he was doing before. He looks at me, sighs, and then shakes his head. "I've got something to tell you, but you've also got something to tell me. You go first."

My nerves are killing me. "No, you, please."

"But I'm not sure how to tell you." He rubs his forehead. "It's.. difficult."

"How about you just sit down first?" I suggest, patting on the place beside me.

Thomas obeys. Then, "Alright. Uhh—"

I lie my hands on top of his to stop him from fidgeting this much. Give him a reassuring nod. "Take your time."

He nods, biting his lip.

"Is it about hockey? Janson?"

He shakes his head. "No— I'm just... I don't know."

I wait and wait and wait, patient for him to continue. Once he seems ready, he pulls his hands away and runs them through his hair.