Execution Plan A

"(Y/n), do you like anybody?" Megumi asked as he looked at the (H/c)-haired male who was currently cooking him dinner.

(Y/n) blinked as he heard the question, immediately knowing what Megumi was trying to do.

"Not anyone I can think of," (Y/n) answered as he continued to make dinner for his young raven-haired neighbor.

Megumi hummed softly as he tried to figure out how to keep the conversation going between the two of them.

"You know... Since you're single and all... It's going to be difficult to find someone for your age group," Megumi states.

The (H/c)-haired male deadpanned at Megumi's words. "Is that so?" He questioned while holding back an amused smile that wanted to crawl onto his lips.

Megumi nodded his head as he wrapped his arms on the table in front of him and propped his head against them.

"Yeah. You should start looking for someone so that you're not lonely for the rest of your life," Megumi replied with a small head nod.

(Y/n) hummed as he placed Megumi's food into a bowl. "If that's true. Do you know anyone who might date a person like me?" He asks, raising an eyebrow at the raven-haired boy while turning to face him so that he can place the bowl of food and a set of chopsticks in front of him.

Megumi sat up straight and nodded his head as he took the chopsticks and broke them in half.

"I do," Megumi muttered as he started to feel nervous when he felt the heavy stare being seen in his direction.

"And who is this person you're talking about?" (Y/n) questions, playing along as if he didn't already know who the person Megumi was talking about was.

"Dad..."

✧˖*°࿐

After the failure of the first part of Plan A with (Y/n), Megumi executed the second part which was talking with his dad.

"Hey, dad?" Megumi murmured as he poked his head out of his bedroom, clearly wide awake even though he should be in bed.

Toji looked over at his son with a raised eyebrow. "Shouldn't you be asleep?" He asked.

Megumi walked over to his father's figure who was sitting on the couch watching whatever was currently on the television.

"I know you said you weren't interested in dating anyone after mom's death, but... I was wondering if you were interested in anyone. Anyone, you can think of," Megumi replied.

Toji stared at his son in silence for a few moments, realizing what (Y/n) meant now.

His son was indeed trying to get them together but decided not to be direct and went along.

"I'm still not ready to go back into the dating world, Megumi. I don't know where the hell this is suddenly coming from since you already know this information," Toji says with a heavy frown on his lips.

Megumi nodded his head, knowing that his father's words spoke the truth.

His mother was truly the only person that Toji loved and still is even after her death not long after him being born.

"But if you were given the chance to find somebody. Would you?" Megumi asked as he looked into his father's green eyes with his own set of a familiar green hue he shared with his father.

Toji scoffed lowly. "I doubt it," he replied before turning away, indicating that this conversation was now finished.

Megumi stood there for a few quiet moments before turning around and heading back to his bedroom with a small frown on his lips.

Toji watched as his only son left the room, heading back to his bedroom.

A low grumble left the man's lips.

He wanted to believe that (Y/n) was wrong, that his son wasn't going to try and get them together.

But now with him seeing it with his own eyes, it was quite obvious that his raven-haired son wanted to get the two together.

"God fucking damn it. (Y/n) was right," Toji muttered in disbelief.