Volunteering To Help

Itadori stood off by a big metal gate that separated the outside world from the giant school behind him.

The school had just ended, and the young pink-haired boy couldn't see his grandfather anywhere.

A soft pout was seen on his lips as he lightly kicked at the ground even though it was more of him scrapping the front of his shoe.

"Yuji-kun, do you not have anyone to pick you up?" Itadori's teacher, Gojo, spoke up when he realized that he was one of the students who were still waiting for someone.

Itadori nodded his head.

He knew he could walk home by himself, but since he was still new in Tokyo and didn't know his surroundings very well, he didn't trust himself until he got familiarized with the area to start doing that.

"Yeah... I think Gramps got held back at the hospital where he works," Itadori answered as he looked up at his tall, white-haired teacher who had approached him.

Before Gojo could say something, a voice he had grown accustomed to and used to within the past couple of months captured his attention.

"Megumi!" (Y/n)'s voice rang out.

The said boy came walking up to the (H/c)-haired male and stood beside him.

Gojo's vivid eyes brightened as he thought of something.

"Hold on, I might be able to get someone to help take you home," Gojo tells Itadori before looking over at the figure who had just arrived.

"(Y/n)! Can you come over here for a moment?" Gojo asked, calling out to the male who had come to the school to pick up Megumi at the end of the day.

Hearing his name getting called out, (Y/n) turned his attention over to the person who had called for him.

Raising an eyebrow, (Y/n) headed over with Megumi following closely after him, not wanting to get too far away from the older male.

"Is there something that you need, Gojo?" (Y/n) asked, waiting for the white-haired male to explain why he was needed.

Gojo smiled as he nudged Itadori's figure in front of him. "I was wondering if you could help Yuji-kun get home. His guardian is stuck at work and isn't able to pick him up," he explained.

Itadori's eyes landed on Megumi's figure which made the honey-colored hues brighten. "Fushiguro!" He exclaimed.

Megumi cringed backward at the brightness that surrounded Itadori's person.

"Too bright..." The raven-haired boy murmured in distaste.

(Y/n) looked between the two boys for a few silent moments before looking back at Gojo. "Have you called his grandfather yet?" He questioned.

Realization seemed to come across Gojo's face.

"Nope!" Gojo answered which caused (Y/n) to deadpan at the male.

Gojo pulled his phone out and dialed a phone number. "I'll call him now and let you speak with him," he says before handing over his phone to the (H/c)-haired male as it started to ring.

"I'll be back in a few. Don't let either of them run off, Gojo," (Y/n) tells the two kids, sending a warning look in Gojo's direction before walking a few steps away so that he could talk to the elderly man who had picked up the phone.

Itadori and Megumi watched as (Y/n) walked away from them before Itadori turned to look at his raven-haired classmate.

"Is he your dad?" Itadori asked with a look of awe.

Megumi shook his head. "No. Just a neighbor that my dad and I happened to trust with our well-being," he answered.

Itadori hummed lightly in understanding.

After a few minutes of talking on the phone, (Y/n) came walking back over handing Gojo his phone back.

"Your grandfather told me to go ahead and take you home. Do you have the apartment key on you?" (Y/n) asked.

Itadori quickly nodded his head and held out a small key that he had pulled out of one of his pockets that was sewn into his book bag.

"Mhm!" Itadori hummed out, beaming with excitement.

Gojo smirked widely as he pocketed his phone. "Well, I gotta wait for the remaining kids' parents. See you two tomorrow, Yuji-kun and Megumi-kun."

(Y/n), Megumi and Itadori watched as the white-haired teacher walked away.

(Y/n) then looked down at Itadori. "(Y/n) (L/n), but you can call me (Y/n)."

Itadori gave the older male a wide smile. "Yuji Itadori!" He replied happily.

Megumi quietly sighed. "Can we go now?" He asked.

(Y/n) nodded his head. "Yeah. Your father isn't home yet, so we'll be there before him."

Megumi just nodded his head.

"You live beside a co-worker of mine, so I know which apartment building you live in. I just don't know what apartment room you're in," (Y/n) tells the pink-haired boy.

"Oh! I can show you!" Itadori exclaimed happily.

(Y/n) chuckled lightly and urged the two boys to follow after him. "C'mon, you two."

Megumi and Itadori followed after the (H/c)-haired male closely, sticking to his sides.

A few moments of silence went by until Megumi decided to speak up.

"Are we still going to grab something from the bakery?" Megumi quietly asked.

(Y/n) thought for a bit before looking over at Itadori. "Do you wanna come with us?" He asks.

Itadori's eyes widened as his eyes sparkled thanks to the sun reflecting off of them.

"Yeah!"