An Unforseen Revelation

Magsimula sa umpisa

"She had suffered facial damage, which had affected her memory and ability to walk. She had been in a coma for a long time and was being kept alive by a life support machine."

"Reem experienced some form of traumatic brain injury and possibly other injuries as well, and that's why she is like this."

"Reem's injuries from the accident were so severe that she required reconstructive surgery to repair the damage to her face. The surgery was a success, but it left her looking different than she did before. While she was thankful to be alive, she struggled with her new appearance and the loss of her memories. She had to relearn many things, including how to walk again."

"Ummi decides to keep her in that place because she doesn't want anybody to come close to her. Ummi never hates you, Nouhran; she just feels threatened anytime anyone comes close to her.

She felt as if someone was trying to snatch her away from her; that's why she is behaving like this towards you.
I keep quiet as Yazid keeps narrating everything to me, and I kind of feel sorry for her.

"But do you think hiding her behind this closed door will be good for her? It's not good for her health, and it will be hard for her to regain her memories if she's held like this."

I said, but when I looked at Yazid, there was something I failed to read on his face, and it was like he was trying to hide something from me.

"We're not hiding her, Nouhran; we're protecting her," Yazid said.

"Then tell me how you're doing that, Yazid." I was shouting at the top of my voice because why would they do that to a sick person? I have known Reem for a couple of hours, but I just have the urge to protect her.

"Do you think hiding her is the best thing to do, Yazid? How can she regain the memories she lost?"

"I don't know, but I always feel as if she's in danger, and that's why I'm doing it," Yazid said.

I look at him, and I can't understand the man who's standing close to me now.

Yazid is acting strange, and the emotions he portrayed when we entered the room are back, and just like that time, I failed to understand him again.

"What are you hiding, Yazid?" I asked.

"Nothing,"

"You're lying"

"I'm not lying."

"Yes, you're"

"Yes, I'm hiding something," Yazid shouted at me.

He has never shouted at me like this, and it makes my leg weak.

"Nouhran, you will never understand how hard it is for me to see her like this. It hurts me that she is lying on that bed, and she couldn't do anything either.

Yazid's face was expressionless, but his hands were clenched into fists so tight that his nails dug into his palms.

He tried to smile at me to lessen the tension in the room, but it was a weak and unconvincing attempt. His eyes were dull and listless; the spark of life that once burned in them was gone.

"I can't do this any more because it hurts me to see her like this. I'm caged, Nouhran, and I want to be freed."

The strong man I've known is now breaking in my front, and I couldn't do anything about this."

"Nour, Reem is the name of Heba's twin sister that we lost, and her face is the exact face of my late wife."

"She undergoes this surgery because I want her to look like my wife."

"Reem looks exactly like my late wife, Nour."

☆☆☆☆

No dogon turanci guys. I've to force myself and write this because of some people and I'm also tired of this stupid procrastination that's tormenting me.

Also I need your prayers pls bcos I will be writing statistic test on Thursady. Can't believe I run away from maths and it's still following me😫😫.

Kindly Don't Forget To Vote

COMMENT

SHARE and FOLLOW

Ig: Eesha_speaks $ Eeshas_Deluxe

With Love Aeesha_Ahmad🖤.