Chapter 7. The shock

Jhanvi

I opened my eyes before rubbing them, last night he slept with me, I'm still on my side but where is he? Did I wake up late again? Oh god, no, not on my first day. Amaya had told me that the newlywed bride has to cook something sweet as a ritual on the first day, I thought I could easily get up and do that ritual but I think I missed the chance now. There isn't a single clock in this room even if it has a lot of expensive things, what's the point of a room without a clock, How do you even see if it's morning or not. I'm trying to blame the clock when it's my habit of getting up late, I think it will get me in trouble today, but why didn't he wake me up? I'm sure he did, I probably didn't wake up, I sleep like a dead body after all. Great, it's the first day and I already messed up something without even doing it, what worse can happen now.

I sat up trying to look in the bathroom, in hope that he was still in the room and hadn't left, the door was slightly open, I can't see a shadow so he's not in the room, what do I do now. I could make up an excuse that I didn't sleep well last night, but to be honest, it wasn't an excuse, I actually didn't sleep well last night because of my tight dress, whenever I moved my body the dress would stretch making me wake up, I have red marks all over my arms too, it's not anyone's fault but mine, I should've brought my clothes with me, well can't do anything now. I shifted over to the right before I saw a new pair of a dress and a note that lay on top of it, this wasn't here before so I'm guessing he put It here, I crawled to the edge of the bed and grabbed the note "I'm sorry that there weren't clothes for you to change yesterday night but I'll fix that today, this is a dress for you to change, if you don't like it you can always call the maid and she'll give you something else. -Sahil." I started to smile as I read it, did he go outside this morning to choose it for me? Even if he didn't why am I smiling like an idiot? He didn't specify if he chose it or not but I'll think he did. I grabbed the dress and looked at it for a minute, If it was beautiful, and its fabric is stretchable also, he has such good taste in fashion.

I'm starting to feel some type of excitement to try it on. This dress is pretty the only problem is that wearing something this classy on a casual day at home would be a bit uncomfortable to move around with, come on jhanvi it's only one day, you can always go shopping for yourself, you can bear it for a day, and if you don't wear it he might feel sad. While I was trying to gaslight myself knowing I wouldn't even last more than 2 hours with it, I got up from the bed and ran to the bathroom, my smile wasn't fading away from my face, I felt like a child who just got a brand new toy for itself, whatever the reason may be I'll take this as a small gesture from him, knowing I won't forget this for the rest of my life. From what I can see, he's trying his best to make me feel welcomed in his house and I appreciate it, he knows how hard it is for a girl to leave her house after marriage and so far I'm happy to be here, even if I wasn't I wouldn't go back, I'll take my time to get adjusted in this house and to make myself comfortable, it'll only take a few weeks. I put the dress on the hanger, I saw another note on the corner of the sink with a pair of jhumkas and bangles, I feel like I'm about to cry, this was probably the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me, especially a guy I met a day ago, "I thought you'd like these with the dress, I don't know if their your type of accessories but I thought they'd look good with the dress. -Sahil." I don't even care if they'll look good with the dress or not but I'm wearing them and not taking them off.

I screamed inside, he's so sweet for these, I don't like them, I love them, grabbing them I put them on top of the sink, now time to get ready and shine. I didn't feel like taking a shower, so I started to put down my hair, I washed it yesterday so it's not a problem. Thank god it's still smelling like vanilla from my hair oil. I ruffled my hair a bit to give it some volume, my hair has grown way more in a few months, it's also getting wavy day by day, I wish I could cut it but I know if I do, I'll regret it and cry until it grows back the same length. I'm obsessed with my long hair but sometimes it makes me want to cry. Putting my bangs on the side of my face and the rest of my hair on my back, I grabbed the dress and the accessories, God ji pheli bar kisi hor khe ghar mein khana bana rahi hu, sab kuch theek hi rakhna.