Chapter 2.5 Let's Make Some Friends!

Author's Note: In the original story, I included the character sprites with each of their introductions. Because that would be veeeery inconvenient with Wattpad, I'm just including the character introductions. If you don't want to read each introduction, feel free to skip over them, as they are not required to understand the story!

I wrote this chapter for someone who was not very familiar with all of the characters at the time, and this was my way of catching them up to speed. That's all from me! Enjoy!

After a bit of explanation from Usami and a lot of consolation, everyone eventually decided that there was no use fighting a magical stuffed animal. Perhaps this whole island was just a weird dream, and you were going to wake up any minute. If that's the case, it's probably better to enjoy the dream while it's happening, right?

While everyone wandered around the island and explored what was available to them, you made it your goal to figure out everyone's names and to begin collecting Hope Fragments.

Usami explained to everyone on the beach that the whole point of the class field trip was to collect Hope Fragments from every student in the class. The magical crystals formed whenever you created a bond with someone. As the bond grows stronger with that person, you get more fragments. Once you collect all six fragments, the crystals merge into a Hope Blossom: a flower that marks eternal friendship. It takes six fragments to make a blossom, and there are sixteen other students on the island, not including yourself. You had to collect 96 fragments during your time on Jabberwock Island. It was going to be a daunting task, but you were determined to do it!

1. Mahiru

"My name is Mahiru Koizumi, and I'm an Ultimate Photographer. I'm so glad I'm not the only normal one here...! I hope we can be friends, (Y/N). If we work together, I'm certain we'll find our way out of this mess. Hey, before you go, is it alright if I take your picture? Thanks!"

+1 Hope Fragment!

2. Mikan

"H-Huh...? You actually want to talk to me?? I-I see, you want to collect all the Hope Fragments... My name is Mikan Tsumiki, and I-I'm the Ultimate Nurse. I-If you ever get hurt, I'll do my best to help...! I'm not used to people voluntarily talking to me... W-Wait!! You probably don't want to talk about that...! I'm sorry!! Please don't hate me!!"

+1 Hope Fragment!

3. Teruteru

"Oh? Another fair maiden looking to take a bite out of my... specially seasoned bratwurst? You wouldn't be the first, I assure you. Ah, but where are my manners? My name is Teruteru Hanamura. While the academy may have labeled me as the 'Ultimate Cook,' I myself prefer the title Ultimate Chef! Just you wait. Soon and very soon, I will make a delicious feast that will be enough to drop your panties to the floor. I promise."

+1 Hope Fragment! (What a creep!)

4. Byakuya

"You are being very calm considering that all of us have been stranded on an abandoned island with no escape. I advise you to be more cautious and a bit less trusting. Yes, yes, I am Byakuya Togami, heir to the Togami family. As the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, I will be taking charge of this operation from here on out. You can count on me. Now which do you prefer? Chicken or beef?"

+1 Hope Fragment!

5. Kazuichi

"Cool! Another girl! (Y/N), right? I'm Kazuichi Soda, the Ultimate Mechanic. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I've just been looking around the island for parts to build a boat or to fix up one of these planes. What kinda sicko takes the engines out of a plane, anyway?? The rest of it is still here and in perfect condition. It's almost like they're taunting us! Ah well, as long as you're here, I don't think being stranded here will be too bad. Wanna go swimming later?"