12. Roshan | Bright |(روشن).

Start from the beginning

"Walaikum Assalam. Mashallah, kitni pyaari lag rahi hai meri beti," she said proudly, handing a cup of tea to her husband before coming towards me.
(How much beautiful my daughter is looking)

"Thank you." I replied shyly.

Awkwardly smiling, I reciprocated the hug when she embraced me. "Why did you wake up this early? It's only 7 in the morning," she asked, frowning.

"Han beta, you should've slept some more; yesterday was tiring for all of us," Uncle added,now sipping his tea.

"Aunty-" "What? Are you still going to call me aunty? Baccha, now our relations have changed. Call us ammi and baba," she said, interrupting me.

Overjoyed, I nodded with a smile. This feeling was everything - I had longed for her to be my mom too, and now I had it.

"Ji aun- I mean ammi and I woke up early because I have to make breakfast," I stammered, knowing it was not a usual way to address her.

"Please, ammi, don't deny, because I know I'm not going to live here for many days. Let me take care of you till I'm here," I added before she could interrupt.

"Jeeti raho beta, my son is very lucky; he got a wife like you," Ammi patted my head lovingly.and uncle smiled.
(God bless you.)

However, the smile faded from my face; her son didn't share the same sentiment, he is even planning to make my life hell.

I faked a smile, eventually making my way to the kitchen.

I prepared a simple breakfast of omelet, pancakes, halwa, and juice, unsure of their preferences.

Glancing outside the kitchen, I saw everyone sitting in the dining room.

Setting the breakfast on the dining table, Zayan glared at me. Hana Bhabhi was also present, a surprise to me. I hadn't known she stayed overnight; never mind, it's her home.

Seeing me bring breakfast, Ammi stood up to help, and Hana Bhabhi rolled her eyes.

AUTHOR'S POV

Zayan came down, greeted his parents, and took a seat at the dining table. "Where is breakfast, ammi?" he asked, surprised to find her sitting without making food.

"Aajka breakfast tumhari biwi bana rahi hai," Ayesha replied proudly.(today your wife is making breakfast)

"Oh, so she started buttering ammi on the very first day. How Cunning!' Zayan thought, his suspicions growing.

He nodded half heartedly and saw Hana coming down.

She greeted everyone and immediately hugged zayan. He patted her head lovingly.

After some minutes, Rumi came out of the kitchen, holding food, and Zayan's breath hitched. "She is looking so beautif-" he corrected himself, "Damn her beauty doesn't matter. Character does!! And I know that very well."

Everyone started eating, but Rumi was still standing.

"Beta, why are you standing?" Yusuf asked her.

Rumi had always seen wives sitting beside their husbands in her home, but Hana was sitting next to her husband, zayan. She sighed and sat beside Ayesha, feeling a bit hurt.