11|Cloudy With A Chance Of Rain

Start from the beginning

"Five minutes remaining" one more to go and I'm done. Relived washed over seeing I wouldn't be rushed to finish up.

And boom. Time was up, pens down, students passed their sheets from the back to the front seats on each row. Mr Torres walked to each front row to take the answer booklets.

"Next class, I'll be grouping the class into teams of five. Do well to prepare adequately for it" and that was our clues to exit class.

Chase was driving us to the hospital to visit Jade. Thankful for him being born and lived his most life here, accustomed to the routes and places, made it easier.

"We're not bringing the subject of her predicament,yeah?

"Cross my heart " did I forget to mention, we had made our own friendship handshake? If not, we did and it was pretty cool.

We didn't take too long getting to the hospital, being favored, we met Stanley at the reception who led us into her ward. Looking peaceful in her slumber, still Chase and I managed waking her up.

"Hailey! Chase! You guys came"forcing herself to sit upright. Rushing to her side, we helped her get comfortable on the bed.

"We missed you terribly. How're you feeling now?"

"I'm fine. I don't know what came over me, it's just..." She was interrupted.

"Don't say anything, it's all in the past. We're always here for you no matter what. It's all in the past, the most important thing is you've learned. That's all there is" Chase finished.

All three of us hugged with tears of joy, even Stanley wiped a few tears watching the scene unfold before his eyes.

"How's school? How's he? "Even on hospital bed, she can't let go.

"School is fine, everyone wishes you a quick recovery" ignoring the last question on purpose.

"You're not by any chance ignoring the last for no reason, are you? " feigning ignorance.

"I'll personally tell you all you missed. But first, you need to get out of here" I smacked his hand off my shoulder.

"Ouch. Still love you baby " eye rolls.

All too soon the doctor in charge came in to announce he needed to give her antidotes, our little visit had come to an abrupt end. We promised visiting again tomorrow, until she was discharged hopefully soon.

"Thank you for coming. Means a lot that my sister has friends she can rely on" Stanley saw us off to the car park.

"That's the least we can do. Anyways, were your parents informed?" Seeing I didn't see them at the ward.

"They don't know. Jade made me promise not to tell them, else they'd leave everything behind to come back. Things would also not look good for her, she will be sent to boarding school" good riddance he didn't then.

And we were on our way home seeing how the clouds thickened with a likelihood of rainfall. It took not less than ten minutes on our way home, when it started raining heavily. With our windows rolled up, the sounds of the rain were faint.

"No. No. This can't be happening" looking at him.

"What's it?"

"We're out of fuel " not now, how does it happen in this torrential rain?

"Can it at least get us to a fuel station nearby?"

"I doubt. And we're out" the car came to a stop moments after he finished his sentence.

"Lemme try to get us help"I dialled my father's number which went straight to voicemail, same as my mother's. Just freaking perfect!

"Let me make some calls too" he said, getting his phone from the dashboard.

"Oh no no. Don't do this"

"Battery low?"

"It just died" hitting his forehead with his hand.

"We're stuck here until help comes or it stops raining" and I was hungry, the only thing I had was granola bars and two bottles of water of which we shared.

Checking my playlists to shuffle through songs, I set it on repeat for everything BTS and Mockingjay. "Dude, we still don't know how to get out of here"

"We will. This is to divert attention from being stuck in this vehicle with no fuel"

Ten minutes had gone by, when Chase sat up straight in his car.

"There's a car coming our way, better get help now" putting on the hazard lights.

The approaching vehicle slowed down, stopping beside us. I couldn't see clearly due to the tainted windows of our saviors vehicle. Then whoever the person was, decided to roll it down, the person I met eyes with won't leave my mind for a while.

"Mr Torres?" Chase was able to mouth his name, but me? All I did was stare at him like a complete lovestruck idiot.

~
______________________________________________

•• Don't forget to leave a vote, comment, share and follow!🥺💜 The little gestures goes a long way in encouraging me the writer, to continue  serving you better and better chapters. Counting on your love and endless support,  none  monetary payments - a followers > vote > comment > shares and unyielding community supporters.