Sonic sat by a river, inserting his sword into the water, washing it off. The sword starts becoming more shiny, more clean. He looks at himself in the reflection of the sword and the water, trying his best to ignore it but he couldn't. He kept staring at himself, seeing it slowly starting to change. He started seeing his Uncle Chuck instead of his reflection.

Sonic's nose starts flaring, his mouth begins twitching. His eyes started tearing as he thought about his uncle. Suddenly, out of frustration, he swings and releases the sword, letting it fly and impale a tree nearby. He let the tears flow as he was on all fours, still looking at his reflection. Sonic thought about the memories he has had, the moments.
"Why him?" He sniffed, talking about his uncle.
As he cried, he heard a snap coming from the woods. He turned to see Blaze walking into the open area, searching.
"Oh, he-..." She noticed him. "Wait, are you crying!?"
The feline ran over, sliding on her knees next to him.
"I'm... I'm fine... I'm good." Sonic answered, wiping his tears away, sniffling in between his words.
"You're obviously not! What's wrong?" Blaze questioned.

"Blaze, seriously... I'm ok... I don't wanna talk about it."

The cat leaned down, making face to face with the hedgehog, letting him know that she won't let it up. With a sigh, Sonic sits back, sniffing and wiping his eyes more.
"Alright... Alright, alright... I'll tell you." He hesitated. "Uncle Chuck... He's... He's..."
He struggled to say the word, not wanting to confirm it even though it already was.
"Hey, hey... It's ok." Blaze didn't let him finish, sitting down in front of him. "What about Manic and Sonia?"
"They were captured." Sonic responded, wiping his nose.
Blaze sits back, looking at him, wondering if she can say anything to make him feel better.
"Hey... I know you just lost someone special... But what are you gonna do about it?" She asked.
"I'm gonna go save my brother and sister." Sonic swore once again.
"And you think your uncle would want you crying about his death or stay determined and proud of yourself? Besides, you pulled the princess of Mobius." Blaze added.
The hedgehog looked at the cat, confused with his eyes red from the crying.
"'Pulled her'? What do you mean 'pulled her'?" He asked.
"You know exactly what I mean." Blaze smirked.
Sonic sighs, shaking his head in disappointment by how the feline thought.

"No... No, no, no, no..." He said fast. "The fact that you actually think that is fuckin' stupid."
Sonic stands himself up, walking to the sword that was still in the tree.
"C'mon... You know she's pretty... You're just doing pretty well at not looking at her." Blaze laughs.
"Are you mental? The reason why I don't look at her is because I don't like her!" Sonic denied.
"Yea, yea... I'm just joking..." The cat giggles. "But can you at least... Be nice to her?"
"The way she's been nice to us?" Sonic added.

"Yep, exactly. I can just tell she hasn't disrespected you at all since you two first saw each other. She already seems like a sweet heart just by looking at her."

"Oh... Sure, she does... But if you look at how stubborn she is, she won't seem like one."

Blaze laughs. "Yea... But maybe she'll be less annoying if you respect her..."
Sonic stayed quiet, not knowing how to reply.
"If you are nice... She'll be nice back and then you two can be a little something if you know what I mean." The cat teased.
"Fuck you, Blaze!" The young hedgehog shouted, getting frustrated by the cat's motives.
Blaze laughs before walking back to where they set up the camp. Sonic goes back to the water, splashing it into his face. He then slips the sword back into the river, cleaning it off once more before making his way back to the camp. The first thing he saw was Amy watching, intrigued by how Blaze set the bundle of twigs on fire.
"Whoa... Why didn't you tell me you had powers?" The pink princess asked, looking while the cat formed fire in her hand.
"I didn't think it would be important. Have you witnessed Sonic using his powers?" Blaze asked.
"I think so... But I didn't really get a good look. Can he control the wind or something?" Amy asked.
"What makes you think that?" The other girl replied.