Sonic and Amy walked through the fog which was finally clearing up.
"After a while, we should be able to see as clear as day in the place." The blue hedgehog informed, leading the way.
Amy doesn't reply, trying her best to keep up with him as she tries stepping over and around rocks, giant branches, wood planks, items. She looked up at Sonic, wondering how he was moving so smoothly through all this mess. After a few more minutes of walking, the smog cleared up a bit more, letting the two see better.

"How do you know where to go?" Amy asked, almost tripping.
"The warrior I took out... He was running north. A knight's natural instinct when trying to get to safety is to run to where the headquarters or base is at... Or at least where other knights are at." Sonic explained, sounding way too smart for a simple villager.
Amy looked at him, wondering how he knew so much but she doesn't question it and keeps following him. They stop at the top of a hill, looking down at a camp full of guards. It was full of prisoners as well. Sonic then looked at Amy who stayed looking down at the camp. He had an idea, pulling her away from the hillside to not be seen.
"Alright, listen. Are you willing to do anything for the kingdom?" He asked.
"Uhm, yes... Why, may I ask?" Amelia questioned.
"Well..." Sonic held up his sword. "We're gonna need to cut your hair."

"What!?"

Amy's voice slightly echoed.
"Shut the fuck up!" Sonic groaned. "We need you to look unrecognizable."
"If you really think I'm gonna let you cut my hair, then you have something else coming. You better come up with another idea." The princess said.
"Hey, you said you'd do anything!" The blue hedgehog reminded.
Amy stayed quiet before looking in the direction of the base camp full of knights.
"Fine... What do you need me to do?" She accepted the mission.
"I'm gonna need you to set a distraction but that's after we cut your hair. If we don't, they might recognize you as the princess and then things will be worse." Sonic explained. "If we cut your quills, they won't recognize you, and they'll just think that you're just some random villager who was brave enough to try saving the other ones. They'll put you in with them."
"And what are you gonna do?" Amy replied.
"Well, I'm gonna take one guy out while you distract them and then I'll come get you after." The blue one adds.
"Really? You want them to take me hostage?" The pink hedgehog raised an eyebrow.

"Yea, don't worry. They won't hurt you. Especially if they know you're not the princess."
Amy sighs and nods, going with the plan.
"Alright. Now, should I do it or should you?" Sonic offered the sword to her.
"You don't have anything smaller? Like a knife or something?" The pink girl replied.

"Nope, just the sword."

Amy mumbles under her breath, taking the sword from Sonic's grasp. She leans forward from how heavy it was. How was she supposed to cut her hair if it is this heavy?!
"Actually... You should do it." She insisted, slightly struggling to lift it up and hand it back.
Sonic chuckles, taking the sword back with ease.
"Alright, well, I won't ruin it... Much." He snickered.
"I swear to Chaos if you make me look bad, I'll.." Amy stops herself from finishing.
"You'll what, princess? Execute me? Call your guards on me? Well, listen here." Sonic leaned forward, slightly going down to match her height, making eye contact. "You're out in the real world, not in your stupid castle. And out here, things won't be as easy for you. No one will powder you or bathe you. Of course, you wouldn't know that cuz' you're a royal descendant. You're nothin' but a weak little girl in a fighting arena full of killers. And if you wanna survive, you better listen."
Amy stared at Sonic, leaning back due to how close he was. And how scary he was. She was genuinely fearing his words. She gulps, looking into his emerald-green eyes. She decides to stand up for herself even after the words she heard.
"I'm not weak... And I'm not little." She denied.
Sonic scuffs, smirking. "Heh, you're gonna get yourself eaten alive out here."
Amy doesn't reply and just keeps her straight face.
"Welp, since you're so determined..." Sonic holds up his blade. "Let's cut your hair, shall we?"