Sonic walks into his blown-up home, walking into his uncle's room. He turns to the closet, opening it. It was filled with clothing and other usual items that someone would put in a closet. Looking through all things, moving and throwing stuff around, Sonic finally finds what he was looking for.

A big chest, about 3/4 the length of Sonic himself.

It was heavy, causing the blue hedgehog a struggle to carry it out of the closet and place it on his uncle's bed. He flicks up the two chest locks which held the wooden box closed. As soon as he opens it, he sees what his uncle wanted him to find.

A sword, a big one, with a shiny gold pummel and guard and next to it, some sort of glove. A metal one. Remembering his uncle's last words, Sonic grabs the gauntlet, sliding his hand in. Surprisingly, it fits like a glove.(Pun intended) The young blue hedgehog, with his covered hand, grips the swords handle, lifting it up. The sunlight reflected off the blade, brightening up the room. Sonic looked at his reflection in the sword, staring at himself in the eye.
"Don't worry, once I save them, I'll take care of them." He swore on his uncle.
He then walks out of the room and out of the house. He walked into the fog of the outer world, stepping over ruins and rubble. Through all of the fog, Sonic saw bodies of other civilians on the ground.
"These sons of bitches.." Sonic cursed, stepping over some of them.

The blue speedster continues walking, almost tripping over giant rocks and pieces of wood. He looked around, seeing what he could find, in case there were any survivors which he strongly believed there were even if there was no evidence of that. He continues walking until his ears twitch. He listens the best he can, hearing the voice of a woman screaming, getting ready to run to the sound. But what he heard next was what made him fill with adrenaline.

The unmistakable cry of a small boy. Just the yelp of a child was more than enough to make Sonic react but the shout of a certain little fox boy was even more energizing. The hedgehog, using his incredible speed, dashes into the smoke, following the directions which his ears lead him. As the yelling got louder, he heard another voice. A girl? A young one but sounded as if she was in her teens. Sonic then stops, staying around the corner of a house that was still standing but has seen better days, especially better than this day. He peeks around the corner, the first thing he noticed was Tails, hugging his mom, crying. Sonic notices a girl hedgehog, quite pretty, a pink one, not crying but seemingly as if she was with how red her eyes were. She was in a nightgown, a very fancy one.

A nightgown that was way too expensive for villagers. But not expensive for those of royal descent!

Sonic turns back around the corner, still keeping himself hidden.
"What the hell is a girl of royal descent doing down here in the villages?" Sonic whispered to himself. Before he could jump into any assumptions of who the girl could be, he hears what he knew could be his chance to pull a move to save the hostages.
"Or what, princess? You're gonna scold us to death?" One of the hostile men mocked.

"Nah, I'm the one that's gonna kill you both." Sonic called out.
He hears the knights react with their footsteps.
"Who said that?" One of them called back.

Sonic stretches before dashing into the open. He holds his blade out, letting it shine from the sunlight that shone through smoke and dust.

"Me..." Sonic finished.

"Someone decided to play the hero, huh?" A knight made fun.
Sonic gets into a fighting stance, taking a deep breath, his green eyes not leaving his opponents. They start getting closer, getting ready to unsheathe their blades.
"Tails, buddy... Cover your eyes." Sonic instructed.
Tails did as he was told, turning away. His mother helped him do so.

The pink girl in the nightgown watched in confusion. Sonic waited for the men to get closer. Once one of them was close enough, taking a swing at him, Sonic's pupils shrink. He dodges the blow, elbowing the knight in the face, putting a dent in his helmet. The man steps back, feeling the pain of the impact and feeling the dent in his headgear. The second knight strikes, making Sonic block with his own sword, holding the knight's blade up. The blue hedgehog kicks him in the stomach, causing him to bend down in pain. Sonic then knees the guy in the face, making him fall back. The speedster turns around, dodging a blade swing and then another. Unexpectedly, Sonic jabs the blade into the knight's left hip. He pulls out, giving a spin kick, making the man almost flip, landing on his neck.