Chapter 12: Xu Sanshi and Jiang Nannan

Part 1:

The mackerel, which had turned a golden brown, still had oil dripping off it, and a strong aroma gushed unceasingly from its belly. When the man's bit into the roasted fish, a light crackling sound came from it. The roasted fish's skin had actually been roasted until it was crispy, but it wasn't burnt at all. However, what lay underneath the crispy layer of the skin was the fresh, tender, succulent meat of the fish, which was packed with flavor.

It was only a single bite, but that yellow-shirted student's eyes widened in shock. He didn't even stop to praise it. Instead, he ate the entire fish almost as fast as he could. Even the first group of three girls didn't pay Tang Wulin attention more, all three of them was amazed by roast fish in their hands

The other nearby students, who'd been observing Huo Yuhao from the sidelines, immediately understood what had happened. another batch four mackerels that Huo Yuhao had prepared before, was lying in the grill and up to now his total sales directly increased to thirty two copper soul coins, which was equivalent to three silver and six copper soul coins.

These delicious roasted fish caused Huo Yuhao to gain an 'exceptional' reputation in a very short period of time. This was the academy's entrance, so the number of people that passed him was extremely great. His small booth quickly became surrounded by a nearly-impenetrable crowd.

"Too tasty, that was really too tasty." The yellow-shirted student who'd bought the first roasted fish managed to squeeze back in, albeit with much difficulty. "Junior brother, give me three more roasted fish. I'll have my dinner here tonight."

A purple-clothed student who was one year older than him coldly responded, "Go to the back of the line."

Huo Yuhao didn't think that his roasted fish would sell so well. He spoke apologetically to the students surrounding the oven, "Fellow classmates and seniors, it's my first day doing business, thus I can only sell eighteen roasted fish. I sold 8 already , but I still have ten left. Following the principle of 'first come, first serve', those who aren't lined up should come back tomorrow."

As he spoke, he put away the money that he'd so far into the Twenty Four Moonlit Bridges. After selling eighteen fish, he'd made eight silver soul coins and six copper soul coins. If he deducted the costs of production, what was left was enough for him to both eat his fill and save some. Huo Yuhao wasn't greedy; he understand that the most important for him right now was to cultivate. Having enough money to survive was good enough.

Skewers of roasted fish came out of the grill one after another as Huo Yuhao continued to roast the fish with extreme seriousness. He didn't decrease their quality due to the number of people. Every single person who chose to buy one of his roasted fish was incomparably satisfied, with some people even choosing to order fish for tomorrow in advance. After some consideration, Huo Yuhao still decided to stick with a queue model. After all, the taste of hot food was the greatest when it had just finished cooking. If someone were to eat it any later, its flavour would've diminished.

At this moment, a few female students wearing purple school uniforms walked out of the gate to Shrek Academy. Her appearance immediately attracted countless gazes.

She only looked to be about fourteen or fifteen, and her figure was slender and well proportioned. Her golden hair was draped behind her shoulders like a waterfall, and her skin was snow-white. Her eyes were akin to clear water, and when she looked around, she had an elegant temperament. Her face resembled jade, a crescent halo, as well as snow around a flowering tree. She had a gentle beauty, a charming voice, a lovable appearance, and an extraordinary beauty that couldn't be found anywhere else. Her beauty, that seemed as if it could cause the downfall of a country, seemed to dull the colors of everything else around her.