Chapter 4.3: 'Thunderbolt' Bei Bei (minor change)

*Author Note: At the end of chapter, Yuhao explanation of his skill from 1st spirit ring changed. I hope this will be more acceptable.

The previous Thunderous Dragon Claw had only been used to make the Mandala Snake move, while the net formed from Bei Bei's second soul skill, Vigorous Thunderbolt, was the true trap. As long as the Mandala Snake was trapped by the net of lightning, the Thunderous Dragon Claw could catch up to it from behind. Even if the Mandala Snake wasn't severely wounded, it would at least give Bei Bei a decisive opportunity.

However, a thousand-year soul beast's strength was absolutely not that simple. As the lightning web closed in on the Mandala Snake, it spat out a pink mist from its mouth, which caused a smell ten times sweeter than earlier to spread out.

Tang Ya took Huo Yuhao with her as she rapidly retreated, for fear that they would both would be affected by the mist. This was also the first time that worry had appeared on her charming face.

When the lightning arrows formed from the Vigorous Thunderbolt skill were sprayed by that pink mist, it was as if they'd been submerged; their might was still present, but it had instantly become fragmented.

The Mandala Snake displayed its valiant side at this moment. Its body suddenly straightened out in midair, and it proceeded to powerfully smash through the lightning web. It had unexpectedly managed to open a gap in the web made by Vigorous Thunderbolt. When it flew out from the web, it swung its tail, causing the pink light at the tip of its tail to brighten. It then whipped the Thunderous Dragon Claw behind it, loudly shattering Bei Bei's first soul skill.

However, Bei Bei's attacks weren't completely useless. As someone who had one of the strongest beast souls, his attack power was at the peak of soul masters at the same rank as him. Although the Mandala Snake was valiant, a fine layer of lightning had appeared on its body after it had consecutively broken through two of Bei Bei's soul skills. When it landed on the ground, it was unable to continue releasing attacks.

At the same time, Bei Bei didn't proceed to launch anymore attacks. He didn't dare to inhale the toxic pink mist that had spread out into the air either. As he rapidly retreated, a porcelain bottle appeared in his hand. After dumping a pill out for himself, he threw the bottle towards Tang Ya.

Tang Ya grabbed the porcelain bottle and immediately dumped out two pills. She ate one pill, and shoved the other into Huo Yuhao's mouth.

"Bei Bei, I'll help you." While chewing the pill, Tang Ya said.

Bei Bei shook his head and replied, "This fellow is very troublesome, I'm afraid that I'll have to plan on a battle of attrition. There's a very high possibility of soul beasts appearing in the surroundings, so you should be careful. I'll take him on alone. Also, take care of Yuhao."

This was the second time that Bei Bei had reminded Tang Ya to take care of Huo Yuhao, which caused a warm feeling to surge through his heart. Throughout his entire life, Bei Bei was the first person other than his mother to treat him this well. Due to this, he couldn't help but be moved.

I want to help eldest senior brother; I'm not trash.

Huo Yuhao rapidly poured his soulforce into his Spirit Eyes, and the soul skills that he'd just obtained immediately flashed through his mind.

A faint golden light appeared in his deep blue eyes once again, and his jade-white soul ring started to rise up from his feet.

If you looked at them just from the surface, you couldn't see any signs of anything happening. However, the next moment, both Bei Bei and Tang Ya's bodies simultaneously shook, an astonished look appearing in their eyes.