Chapter 5.2: First Glimpse Through The Gate (*nothing changed)

*Author Note: No storyline changed, just fixing some vocabulary

"Oh, right, junior brother. Didn't you say that you were unclear about how long you could maintain your Spiritual Detection Sharing for? Why don't we experiment to see? This will relate to our future cooperation during battles, as well as let you understand your own ability, and familiarize you with your new skill."

Under Bei Bei's suggestion, Huo Yuhao released his Spiritual Detection Sharing once again. A faint golden light flickered out from his eyes, and a three-dimensional image that was thirty-metres in radius appeared inside of his and Bei Bei's minds.

Huo Yuhao's Spiritual Detection Sharing was flawless, and was able to clearly differentiate any subtle changes within that thirty-metre radius.

The more Bei Bei experienced it, the more astonished he became. This Spiritual Detection Sharing wasn't just an auxiliary detection skill, but was like another brain for him to make decisions with. Every minute detail within a radius of thirty metres had essentially been revealed, and there were absolutely no dead angles. While he was under this skill's effect, it was as if he had countless eyes that were observing the situation from various angles with the highest level of carefulness!

The thing that made him even more astonished was that Huo Yuhao seemed to be extremely relaxed while he had this soul skill activated; he hadn't even shown any traces of exhaustion. While they shared the effects of his Spiritual Detection Sharing, they could even feel some of the changes occurring inside of Tang Ya's body as she merged with her soul ring.

Tang Ya's figure seemed to have become even more slender, yet her aura was becoming richer and more powerful at an astonishing speed. There was also a luster that had appeared on her skin, while her qi and blood had become more exuberant.

In the blink of an eye, fifteen minutes had passed, yet Huo Yuhao's face had only turned slightly pale.

Bei Bei inwardly gasped with praise. A spiritual skill that lasted so long—it was already enough to be used in battle. Furthermore, not only could Little Yuhao's Spiritual Detection Sharing be used on the battlefield, it also had many other uses. For example, while they were on a dangerous adventure or hunting soul beasts, this was a rarely seen and extremely practical ability!

Finally, after Huo Yuhao had maintained his skill for almost an hour, he was unable to persevere any longer. His body flashed as he ended his Spiritual Detection Sharing. He felt stabs of pain in his mind, and the strong sense of dizziness nearly caused him to fall down. He hurriedly sat down in a cross-legged position, and immediately started meditating to recover his lost soulforce and mental power.

This wasn't the first time that Huo Yuhao had experienced bitter pain due to an overdraft of his mental power. The feeling of his mind becoming blank was definitely not a comfortable feeling.

Bei Bei had been quietly observing him the entire time. When he saw that Huo Yuhao didn't collapse after his exhaustion of power, but rather tiredly sat down in a cross-legged position to meditate instead, a smile couldn't help but appear on his face. He silently nodded his head. Compared to seeing someone's talent, Bei Bei preferred to look at someone's temperament. In his mind, this junior brother of his had undoubtedly passed this test.

The time needed for someone to absorb a thousand year soul ring was considerably long, so Bei Bei walked around their surroundings in order to spread out some medicine that could chase away soul beasts. Their luck was actually quite good; only a few ten-year and hundred-year soul beasts appeared as Tang Ya cultivated, but they were all chased away by Bei Bei. Furthermore, they didn't encounter any other existences at the level of a thousand year soul beast, so the process was more frightening than truly dangerous.