- taking the burden -

Start from the beginning

Oxzy knew that Pierce was very unpredictable, but acting like that to him was very out of character. That's how he would treat his girlfriend, not his enemy. It was also very weird to see the villain being nice, or thoughtful.

It was all weird, Oxzy felt his whole being freeze. Should he move? He didn't think he could, his body was sore and painful. He also felt like his bones were made of twigs. It was a lot to just sit up on the bed. By the time he was sitting up with the blanket falling from his movements. The large black blanket hung over his thighs, it was more warm now that he was wearing a sweater.

He held his hands out, seeing that the sleeves were over his hands. It must have been Pierce's sweater, it was a reddish-brown color. The hero thought he saw Pierce wear it a few times, but it wasn't burnt. It was clean, it smelt like Pierce.

The hero brought his hands to his nose. The sweater hung over his hands, leaving his fingers only. He took a deep breath in, it was like the man was next to him. Laying next to him with the warmth from his hot body.

The hero stopped. His mind snapped back into place when he shook his head. What was he thinking? It was like a violent plague was influencing his mind. The villain and him were not like that, he would not think about Pierce that way.

A few sounds came from under him. He looked to the door that was closed, it sounded like someone was moving things around downstairs. Oxzy tried to remember what Pierce had told him before he left, he said something about getting energy. The hero's head hurt too much to think. He moaned into his hand, throwing the blanket off his legs. Once his bare feet hit the carpet floor, he felt a shiver run up his spin. He held his stomach, growling as a spike of pain hit him below.

"Fugh... Bastard.." Oxzy cursed under his breath, Pierce went hard on him last night.

He wondered if he could walk after all thst? His chest was hurting, his body was out of focus when trying to stand. Still, he forced his feet on the floor, holding onto the wall for balance. With each step, pain spiked under him, almost making him fall over.

Still, he caught himself, huffing out his sore breath. He gulped, shaking his head in a silent desperation. It was painful once again. He really should have let himself heal before throwing himself at the villain.

What was he expecting? For Pierce to be nice and gentle with his torn body?

No, of course Pierce wouldn't have mercy on him. He wrecked his body more, his insides were folding on themselves, his throat felt sore and stuffy. That paired with the fever running to his head and the empty stomach, Oxzy wanted nothing more than to lay back down.

He couldn't do that anymore, he was already up and heading to the door. He wasn't in his home, nothing to give him comfort.

No comfort at all from this place. It only made him more tense, more weak. He had to get his energy back up so he could leave.

Relying on Pierce is the last thing he wants to do.

It was annoying to do, but the hero found his way to the door and opened it. He breathed out in relief, the sound of someone talking made him stalk down the stairs with deliberate small steps. His feet hit the bare cold floor, sending waves of shivers up his back. Gulping silently, he made it to the end of the stairs so he could look over and down where the living room was.

"Pierce-"

He stopped when five people met his eyes.

It was silent, no one spoke as the hero stared dead ahead. He didn't know who the people were, the only person he could recognize was Pierce. There were two adults, a woman and a male. They were in the kitchen drinking what seemed to be beer when they looked up in shock at Oxzy. The other two were close to Pierce's age in some way, a girl and boy. They were on the couch talking until the girl stopped and the boy turned as well.