𝐒𝐈𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐓

Start from the beginning

James declared, "Silence on the set. We are on the verge of commencing the shooting of a scene." His voice trailed off as he added, "Roll sound..."

The audio team swiftly initiated their adjustments, and a voice promptly responded, "Sound rolling."

Another voice emanating from a microphone echoed through the air, asking, "Leah, Walker, are we ready?"

Leah, composed and focused, nodded in affirmation, her eyes fixed on the task at hand. The atmosphere grew tense as everyone awaited Walker's response. Confusion began to paint the faces of the crew members, their brows furrowing in perplexity. Walker, lost in a labyrinth of thoughts, seemed distant and detached. His face contorted, revealing the inner turmoil that plagued his mind.

Leah leaned in, her voice barely a whisper. "Walker..."

The sound of his name, like a spell being broken, snapped him out of his reverie. He turned his gaze towards the sea of people, his eyes searching for answers. "What?" he uttered, his voice tinged with a hint of vulnerability.

Concern etched on his face, James approached him. "You okay, bud?" he inquired, his voice filled with genuine worry.

Walker nodded, his expression firm and resolute. "I'm okay," he assured, but deep down, doubts lingered.

James, his skepticism evident, nodded in response before refocusing his attention. "Okay, everybody, we are continuing scene 24, with Percy and Annabeth. Background..." His voice trailed off, and like a switch being flipped, the extras sprang into action. The set came alive with movement and purpose, as the magic of filmmaking unfolded before their eyes.

"Action"

Leah's voice echoed through the air, her words laced with a hint of desperation, "Maybe you could say hi to your dad while over here?"

Walker's response was swift and resolute, his head shaking with determination, "No thanks."

Leah's eyebrow arched ever so slightly, a flicker of curiosity dancing in her gaze, "What could it hurt?"

Walker's voice carried a weight of pain and resentment, "Your thing with your mom, I get it too. "It's different- It works for you, but my father, I don't want anything from him. He's had his chances- honestly, you've done more for me in the past few days than my father's done in my entire life."

He paused for a moment, gathering his thoughts, before continuing, "If I have to stick with someone I-"

"Careful," Leah's interruption was gentle, yet filled with a glimmer of mischief, "I think you were about to call me your friend."

Walker's gaze locked onto hers, but soon drifted away, his mind lost in a sea of conflicting emotions.

Leah's voice carried a mix of irony and resignation, "Somewhere around here, the Oracle is laughing at us but you know- Woah! Percy!," she exclaimed, her arms instinctively reaching out to catch Walker as he stumbled forward, the fall seeming all too real, for they had mastered the art of feigning faints, yet Walker had abandoned the script entirely.

"Cut!" James bellowed, his voice echoing through the set. The once electrifying tension dissipated into thin air, leaving behind a void of anticipation. As the chaos swirled around them, James couldn't help but commend Walker on his exceptional performance. "Nice job, Walker. The fall looked really real," he praised, stretching his arms to release the pent-up energy.

But as the applause died down, a chilling conclusion painted Leah's face. She cradled Walker in her trembling arms, his lifeless body devoid of any movement or posture. Leah knelt down, gently tilting Walker's head against her arm, only to discover his eyes sealed shut.