Mess It Up

"So, Taylor, how's it going with Travis?" Gracie asks as she sits with Taylor and Selena in Taylor's living room.

"Great, it's going really well. He's so sweet and he's got the looks. It's usually one or the other, you know?" Taylor responds before Selena speaks up.

"When are you gonna get a girlfriend Gracie? You can't wait around for her forever" Gracie sends her a sharp glare in response.

Everyone knows how Gracie and Y/n feel about each other. They know that Gracie loves Y/n and Y/n loves Gracie. They know that they were friends with benefits for years. They know that Gracie's fear of commitment made Y/n cry to her sister many times a week and caused Y/n to pull away.

"I'm not waiting for her. I just haven't found anyone I'm interested in"

"She left you 3 months ago, Gracie, and you still haven't slept with or even kissed anyone else" Taylor responded with annoyance clear in her voice. Their conversation is interrupted when Y/n walks into her sister's house.

"Hey Tay, have you seen my- oh. Hi" Her smile turns to a frown when she makes eye contact with the brunette.

"Hi" Gracie replies as she sets her drink down. The two stare at each other until Taylor interrupts.

"What were you looking for?" She asks her sister causing Y/n to turn away from the brown eyes.

"Oh, uh, nothing. I'll just come back later" She stammers before locking eyes with Gracie once more before rushing out of the house.

"Later. Meaning when I'm not here" Gracie speaks with a frown as she picks up her drink.

"Gracie, just talk to her. She's a hopeless romantic. All you have to do is run up to her and say something romantic. Sing one of the many songs you written about her" Taylor scolds.

"But-" Taylor interrupts.

"Or you can just pine over her for the rest of your life"

"I'm gonna go. I'll see you tomorrow" Gracie walks out the door with a sigh.

Y/n wakes to the sound of someone knocking on her door.

"I'm coming!" Y/n opens the door to find her ex?

"Gracie? What are you doing here?"

"I love you. I love you so much. I don't love anyone the way I love you" Gracie slurs with dilated pupils.

"Gracie stop. You're drunk. You don't love me, you just love having a fuck buddy" Y/n replies angrily as she goes to close the door only for Gracie to push it open again.

"No, I do love you! You're all I think about and I hate myself for what I did to you. Please, tell me how to get you back" Gracie exclaims desperately as she stumbles with tears in her eyes.

"Come inside. You can stay here for the night" Gracie walks inside and sits on the couch as Y/n goes to the kitchen.

"Drink this. You need to sober up" Y/n tells the brunette as she hands her a glass of water.

"I'm not that drunk" Gracie slurs as she takes the water.

"Gracie you can't just come here drunk out of your mind and confess your love to me. If you really want to be with me, then ask me out properly. Sober. I'm going to bed" Y/n grabs some pillows and blankets for the brunette before walking to her room leaving Gracie to sit in silence.

Y/n wakes the next morning to the smell of bacon coming from her kitchen. She walks out of her room to see Gracie standing at her stove as she takes a sip of her water.

"Gracie? What are you doing?" The shorter girl asks as she rubs her eyes.

"I'm making breakfast. I need you to know how much I love you, Y/n" Gracie replies as she turns to face the girl with a soft smile.

"Gracie you don't need to do this"

"Yes I do. I hurt you so much and you need to know I won't ever do it again" Gracie steps closer to her before their lips slowly move closer together. Just when Gracie goes to intertwine their lips, Y/n's phone begins to ring. They quickly pull away as Y/n reaches for her phone.

"It's, uh, Taylor. I forgot I told her I'd help her with something today. Um, do you mind locking up when you leave? You remember where the spare key is, right?" Y/n rushes to grab her bag before running out of her apartment. Gracie mumbles in agreement as she's left in silence once again. After a few minutes of thinking, the brunette rushes out of the apartment and locks the door before rushing back to her own.

"Dude why are you making a cake?" Audrey asks her roommate as she walks into the kitchen to see the brunette put sprinkles on the pink cake.

"It's for Y/n. Just trying to show her how much she means to me, you know?" Gracie replies as she puts the cake on a plate and turns to her best friend.

"You're gonna have to do more than that. You treated her like crap" Audrey takes a seat on the couch before turning on the TV.

"I don't know what else to do! I can't think of anything! I want her to know I'm ready to commit to her" Gracie exclaims as she takes a seat next to her friend.

"Sing one of the songs you wrote. Oh! The blue! Sing that one. She'd love it"

"How do you know about that one? I never told anyone about it" Gracie asks as she turns away embarrassed.

"I heard you singing it the other day. We do share an apartment, you know?" Gracie sighs before saying goodbye to her roommate and taking the cake to her car. The brunette drives to younger Swift's apartment before knocking on the door.

"Gracie? What-"

"I made you a cake. Pinks your favourite colour, right?" Gracie asks nervously as she picks at her finger nails, holding out the cake.

"Y/n I love you so much. Please give me one more chance. I promise I will never hurt you again" the taller girl begs before Y/n takes the cake from her and pulls her inside. She puts the cake on her table before gently pushing her lips against the brunettes, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"I love you too Gracie. Are you sure you're ready for this commitment?" Y/n asks as she plays with the hairs on the back of Gracie's neck.

"Absolutely. There's no one else I wanna be with" Gracie responds before pulling the shorter girl into another, more passionate kiss.

"Taylor's gonna love this" Y/n mumbles before giggling into the kiss.