🅴🅿🅸🅻🅾🅶🆄🅴

⇱00---00⇲

"Don't try this without permission!"

⇲00---00⇱

It had been six months since Ronan's defeat, and the team had named themselves the Guardians of the Galaxy. Time passes, and Rocket becomes a surrogate father for Baby Groot while becoming a father figure to the little sapling. As Baby Groot grew on his pot, Rocket felt a sense of responsibility towards him; Rachel had told him that Baby Groot wanted her to be his mom. This brought Rocket by surprise while she (Rachel) had doubts about being a mother figure for the little sapling.

Much to her surprise, Rocket accepted it. Even though he didn't want to pressure her with it, Rachel didn't mind it since both of them tended to make a regular schedule on who fed him, played with him, and even babysit him. And that's not all, you see, they start to have feelings for each other since they first met, and the feelings have grown even stronger than the two raccoons hide it with playful words, funny jokes, working on new projects, and talking about Baby Groot's progress.

Rocket and Rachel couldn't deny their growing connection despite their initial reluctance to admit their feelings. They found solace in each other's company and shared a deep understanding of the challenges they faced as guardians and surrogate parents to Baby Groot.

Late at night, Rocket and Rachel often found themselves in the back of the workshop when the rest of the team was asleep. They would fix or create new gadgets for upcoming missions or have fun. However, this time, Rachel was alone and awake. She worked tirelessly in the workshop for weeks to create a surprise for Baby Groot. Since everyone was too busy to notice what Rachel had been up to, she created a unique 'gift' for him that she could also enjoy. 

She came up with mini prank bombs filled with washable white glitter. Her focus was interrupted by the sound of footsteps heading her way. She glanced slightly to be met by Rocket's messy, furred face, "Rachel *yawns* The hell are you doing?" 

Rocket yawned while he scratched the back of his neck, walking over to her, only to be stopped by Rachel's metal paw without looking up at his tired expression.

"Don't touch it, and it's a mini bomb." She quietly tells him, making his eyes widen and smirk by crossing his arms after hearing her reason: 

Rachel was focused on her work, her metal paws delicately placing green and orange glitter inside the complex little bombshells

Rachel was focused on her work, her metal paws delicately placing green and orange glitter inside the complex little bombshells. Rocket leaned against a nearby table, half-closing his eyes as he watched her with interest. He playfully scoffed and asked, "Really? For what?" Rachel replied confidently: "I'm almost done and was just adding the final touches to a surprise."