🅻🅴🅽🅳🅸🅽🅶 🅰 🅷🅴🅻🅿🅸🅽🅶 🅿🅰🆆

⇱00---00

"Something breaks, we don't throw them away... we fix them."

00---00

(No POV): Inside the Milano ship...

Rocket carried Rachel while Drax and Groot managed to find their way back to the Milano with them. Her fur was alright, but her right arm was damaged, and her breathing was struggling because of the impact. Rocket didn't like it, and the only thing he didn't want to admit was that he was scared for Rachel. "We need to get her to a table," Rocket said, his voice filled with concern. "I-I c-can't lose her too."

Groot nodded and gently cradled Rachel as he followed Rocket to the medical bay. Drax walked silently beside them, his expression filled with guilt and worry. He blamed himself for not being able to protect Rachel.

Once they reached the table, Rocket wasted no time getting the necessary supplies and equipment to treat Rachel's injuries, but first, he had to fix her right arm. Groot carefully laid her on the examination table, and Rocket began working on her. Rocket couldn't help but think about their first encounter as he worked. Rachel was cheerful and always ready to fight by their side. She had become someone valuable to Rocket, and seeing her injured like this was hard to digest.

Drax stood by the doorway, watching silently, unable to shake off the feeling of responsibility for what had happened to Rachel. He wanted to protect her just like he had failed to protect his family. He silently vowed to make it up to her, to ensure her safety no matter what.

Hours passed as Rocket worked tirelessly to stabilize Rachel's condition. Finally, he stepped back, his exhaustion evident in his eyes. "She's stable for now," he said, his voice filled with relief. "But she's going to need time to recover." Groot gently stroked Rachel's fur, his eyes filled with sadness. "I am Groot. (I'll stay with her)," he said, his voice filled with unwavering support.

Rocket's eyes lingered on Rachel's unconscious form. "Yeah, okay, just keep me posted," he replied quietly. "You love her, don't you?" Drax spoke up, "What the hell are you talking about? I don't love her!" Rocket protested as Groot tilted his head, raised an eyebrow leaf at him, and spoke: "I am Groot. (You protested; that means you do love her)." "Your tree friend is right; you do love her. This reminds me of when I fell in love with my Ovette." Drax explains.

"Can you both just don't lecture me about the word 'LOVE'? It's disgusting." While Groot starts singing a little song and says, "I am Groot, I am Groot, I am G-R-O-O-T~. (You and Rachel, sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G~)." At this point, Drax was bursting out laughing while Rocket felt himself blushing in embarrassment but was grateful that his fur covered his face and turned away: "QUIT IT!" But then they heard a groan from the table, making the trio shush one another and change the subject to devising a plan to rescue Peter and Gamora from Yondu. 

However, the team has yet to locate their fellow guardians. Finding them in the vast galaxy would take a while. Rocket decides to take charge and volunteers to fly the ship to track them down: "I am Groot (And luck?)," says Groot. "Not yet, but I'm getting close," replies Rocket. After Rachel got injured, Groot noticed his friend struggling to calm down, so he came up to do a match-making moment: 

"Anyways, do you need something?" He asked what made Groot smile, and he pointed downstairs to where Rachel's unconscious form was. Of course, Rocket sighed: "Ok, you can fly the ship, Groot. Just don't lose course. Go straight, we're almost there." Groot nodded and sat on his seat to pilot the ship, whereas Drax had fallen asleep in one of the empty seats next to him.