0.2 prologue

prologue "it is through the cracks in our brains that ecstasy creeps in

prologue
"it is through the cracks in our brains that ecstasy creeps in."
     - logan pearsall smith

˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     SUMMER had been exactly what Shivani Caddel needed it to be; a heedless distraction from death and destruction.

The mermaid had haughtily serve red contact with any, and every living breathing creature that wasn't her cat Milton or parents. At least that's how she started off her summer. Her plans for summer had been to lapse in the comforts of her very own company. She sought the solace after the emotional turmoil had that been the event filled spring.

Her plan had been recklessly thrown out the window, and pj's and shitty reality shows got traded in for crop tops and alchohol. Bellowing wisps of smoke in her inebriated state of mind was Shivani Caddel. The mermaid was slouched down on a porch swing with her legs rocking her softly back and forth. She had no idea who's house she was at, nor did she care. All she cared for was partying the night away. The habit had been brought on her by none other than Lydia Martin, the same strawberry blonde who had forced her to this party to begin with. The Caddel girl wasn't complaing. She was willing to take every and any given opportunity to get him off her mind which paired perfectly with the fact that Lydia wanted nothing other than to forget the Whittemore boy who had so quickly ran off to London.

The white smoke danced around her head as it lingered in the air, her pathetic attempt of forming circles with every puff failing miserably. The mermaid wasn't a smoke. In fact, up until now she was heavily against the stupid act. Her mother had drilled the dangers of smoking into her brain after seeing the countless people suffering from the dangerous cigarettes. Nontheless, the 'danger stick' hung loosely between her lips as she inhaled. Every breath left a sour taste on the very tip of her tongue, but not as sour as the thoughts tugging at her mind.

His face was plastered all over her brain, tauntingly staring back at her every time she was lapsed in a terse silence. Shivani had no idea when, but somewhere down the line of fighting crazy old men and homicidal lizards, Stiles Stilinski had taken up rent free residence in her head. Stiles. Stiles Stilinski. Stiles freaking Stilinski.

She was ashamed to admit it to anyone. She was quite certain that she wouldn't ever be able to admit to the fact out loud as realizing it was embarrassing enough. How did the sporadic and spastic boy making her head reel like his? God, no one could even torture this piece of information out of her. How freaking embarrassing.

The girl could truly not imagine anything worse. He was sarcastic, annoying, persistent. Shivani could name a thousand things with him that ticked off her off. In fact, she'd been chanting every single thing silently all summer, but to no avail. The Stilinski boy was in her feels to stay, apparently, and there was little to nothing she could do about it. That didn't mean she wasn't going to try, though.

"Shi, drop that disgusting thing and get back inside." Lydia demanded with a hand propped on her hip. The Martin girl demanded Shivani's presence. Not to aid her in her conquest of whatever poor sucker she was sinking her claws into tonight, but merely as a witness to the crime. The Caddel girl sighed deeply as she stumped the cigarette, having expected the Martin girl to find her sooner rather than later.

     As she stepped towards the front door of the bustling party, her eyes couldn't help but get caught on the rusty blue jeep passing by the road. Inside was both boys, enfugled deeply in whatever conversation they were having. Both too busy to register her eyes on them. And just as quickly as they had appeared, the vehicle disappeared from her line of sight.

     Yet another sigh fell from her lips as her eyes lingered on the fading blue jeep. The same blue jeep that had Shivani questioning whether she needed to get a tetanus shot before entering. The same rusty vehicle that belonged to Stiles freaking Stilinski; the very boy responsible for her distant taste of mind.

     Summer had been exactly what Shivani Caddel had needed it to be, yes. A heedless distraction from everything dark and dangerous. But there was no forgetting the owner of the familiar jeep for there was no forgetting that stupid boy.

     "Are you coming?" Shivani snapped out of her trance at Lydia's voice.

     Sparing one last look over her shoulder, she entered the party, anything by ecstatic with the realization that there was no partying him out of her mind. . .

˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚