Parth hummed as the call hung up. He looked back to find Aadhira scrolling through her phone. His heart found its solace, in seeing his sister in front of his eyes. Leaving her there was a big task for him.

He swiftly sat in front of her trying to get her attention, but she did not even spare a glance at him. They hadn't exchanged a word after that morning conversation. Parth's heart was filled with guilt as a pang of hurt hit him for making his sister mad.

"Ira," He called out in a slow hushed voice. Contemplating on his next words. Aadhira just hummed not even looking up from her phone still Parth soothed his heart to continue the conversation.

He said trying to read her expression with each word "Gussa h bhaiya se?" but all he saw was an emotionless facade and a little crease in between her eyebrows.

"Gussa apno se hote h parayon se nhi" Aadhira said in a blank voice, releasing a breath while closing her eyes. The frown disappeared as she closed her phone, leaning on her chair. Not even realizing the seriousness of the hurt she was causing to her elder brother.

"Toh phir ye silent treatment kyu?" He said making an effort to get a reaction from his sister, concealing the hurt her words caused to his poor heart. It was difficult for him to accept that his sister just called him a stranger.

He questioned himself mentally- What did I even do to deserve this, hun? All I wanted was to protect you not to hurt you.

"Kya kru aapse baat krne is mann hi nhi krta h" She snapped, sitting back straight. Parth looked into those black orbs of her, which held nothing but blankness with the sentence she spoke. He averted his gain not wanting to bear the burden of the hurt her eyes were forming into.

"Sab much sirf usss Darsh ke liye?" He questioned Aadhira in a voice laced with hurt, "Kya wo tere liye tere isss bhaiya se zyada zaruri ho gya Ira?"
His voice raised a little with the sentence.

Parth couldn't even look at his sister as his heart already knew the answer to his worded question."Don't even bring him in between. Darsh wasn't the one who abandoned me." She roared at him.

"Ab bada yaad aa rha h aapko humara rishta tab nhi aaya tha when an 8-year-old was begging you to just let her stay. Pta nhi kaise bhaiya h aap jo apni choti behen ke liye khade na ho sake jab usse aapki zarurat thi."

"Mai bhi baccha tha Aadhira. Dad ne usss samay Jo kaha hum sabko wahi thik laga. I still regret listening to him"

"I know you were a kid," Aadhira said in a calm voice not meeting Parth's gaze," I know. But don't lie to me that your Dad didn't ask you all for your opinions and I still remember your words, Parth. I still remember what you said to me when I asked you for your help"

Aadhira got up from her chair making Parth frown in confusion. Before he could question her sudden action she spoke with dispassion, "Mai bahar Darsh is wait krrr rhi hoon. Jab aapka ho jaaye toh aa jaiyega"

Not even waiting for his reply, she made her way out of the double-doored canteen. A heavy sigh left Parth's mouth as a tear bead rolled down his cheek.

He didn't mind the tears forming in his eyes because it had become a regular occurrence after his sister's return. Her words never failed to hurt the depths of guilt his heart held. Only his heart knew how those 9 years without her went for him.

All the moments from their childhood captured his brain, every single second felt like a curse to him as he revisited every instant. The memories that were a blessing to him had turned into a brutal curse as he whispered to himself," I am sorry, hun"

-×-

Aadhira and Parth stood side by side waiting for Darsh impatiently. He placed at Aadhira who was on a call with someone.