Chapter 122: Pathetic Attempt

Start from the beginning

"I don't have time for you, weaklings. Kneel!" Said Elif as he dispersed the smoke away, revealing an unharmed Elif; not even his clothes were damaged before pressuring every single one of them; even the ones Marley and Idonea were fighting weren't spared.

"I-I had a feeling it was too easy, but how come he isn't har-" Asked a random young man with unease as he viewed Elif's unscathed body, though he couldn't finish speaking as he, along with everyone else, was forced to kneel on the ground; the weakest of them, were even sprawled on the floor.

"Now, with those bugs no longer interfering, move aside; I need to kill him." Ordered Elif as he ignored the group of immobile Fairies and focused back on the anxious Edvin, Fulton, and Clove.

"I don't know what Edvin said, but you should know, Prince Elif, we can't allow you to do that; I may dislike him, but he is still my cousin and, more importantly, a Fairy. I'm sure you can understand our situation, Prince Elif; if the roles were reversed, you wouldn't listen, would you?" Replied Fulton apprehensively as he stared at Elif's expression that radiated killing intent.

"Y-Yeah, what Fulton said, Prince Elif." Remarked Clove, and while she tried to seem confident, she was even more frightened than Fulton.

"Ho, well, I commend your bravery for standing before me; but both you and I know it's for naught." Stated Elif, and with speed, neither was capable of perceiving; Elif appeared in between the two of them before back fisting them into separate walls.

With Fulton and Clove having been taken care of for now, I swiftly turned around and grabbed ahold of Edvin, who attempted to escape with a Royal Elf's Palm. As I brought him close to me, he frantically tried to escape by attacking my purple palm, yet it did nothing; not a single one of his attacks caused my palm to sustain damage.

"I'll ask one last time, how do you wish to die?" Questioned Elif calmly while killing intent laced his every word as he squeezed Edvin, causing him to grunt in pain.

"Alright, since you don't wish to answer, I'll make this easy for the both of us. I'll squeeze you to death, no scratch that; I've just come up with an even better idea. Back during the Flourishing Epoch, you Fairies used to be hunted down since your bodies were valuable ingredients and resources. I think you know where this I headed, Edvin." Stated Elif, his words causing Edvin to be filled with even more fear than before as he violently attempted to escape from Elif's grasp.

___

___

Just Before Edvin enacted his plan, which ended up backing firing, Eyvor, the person everyone forgot about, was currently sitting in a remote area on the edge of the floating island as she cried.

"Haa, I'm sorry you had to find out about it this way, Dear." Said Matriarch Aasveig as she approached Eyvor from behind before sitting beside her and comforting her with a hug.

"D-Did you know, Mother?" Asked Eyvor quietly in between her sobbing.

"Of course, I knew, dear; I'm the Matriarch of the Fairy Clan; how could I not know?" Replied Matriarch Aasveig with pity as she stroked Eyvors back, attempting to improve her mood, though it wasn't that effective.

"T-Then, why didn't you e-ever tell me? If you had told me, I-I wouldn't have ended up like this." Said Eyvor in a betrayed tone as she looked up at Matriarch Aasveig, revealing her crying face.

"I-I planned to tell you after Prince Elif had left, as I didn't want the situation we are currently in to happen right before your birthday, not to mention we didn't know you had such deep feelings for him. Your father and I only believed it to be a young girl's fleeting crush; however, after meeting with Prince Elif, I now understand that no women will ever only have a mere fleeting crush; they'll fall head over heels for him, just like what happened to you." Explained Matriarch Aasveig, feeling slightly at fault for Eyvors current state.

Suddenly, the two of them sensed Elif's Qi in an active state, signifying the start of his rampage.

"W-What's going on?" Questioned Eyvor as she sat up from Matriarch Aasveig's lap before wiping the tears from her face as they turned around and looked toward the manor.

"I don't know, but it seems like that fool Edvin had somehow enraged Prince Elif, and it looks like he's deadest on killing him. Come on, dear, let's quickly return and try to quell Prince Elif's rage before he actually kills him." Replied Matriarch Aasveig with a frown as she and Eyvor stood up, quickly flying toward the manor.

___

___

"Elif August!" Announced Eyvor, standing just before the dining room entrance alongside Matriarch Aasveig.

'M-Mother!?' Thought Elif in fear as he turned around and dropped Edvin out of pure reflex, thinking Maria might be here; though he was a Prince, not even he could escape the fear of having both of your names called.

When my eyes landed on Eyvor in the distance, I let out a sigh of relief as the fear that was creeping into my heart disappeared, though once that happened, the anger I felt returned.

"Tch, what do you want, Eyvor? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something?" Questioned Elif coldly as he once again grabbed ahold of Edvin, who attempted to escape again.

"I can see that, Prince Elif, and that is why I called out to you. I don't know what exactly happened or what Edvin did to make you this enraged, though knowing how calm and easygoing you are, I'm sure Edvin deserves it. But as the Heir to the Fairy Clan, I can't have you killing him, not to mention killing him wouldn't be great for either of us." Stated Eyvor as she approached Elif, though both Idonea and Marley blocked her before she could get close.

"May I get through?" Asked Eyvor nicely, though neither moved an inch.

'Let her through; she couldn't harm me even if she wished to.' Said Elif via divine sense to Marley and Idonea.

Once the two of them allowed Eyvor to pass, she approached me while glancing at immobile Fairies on the ground before she eventually arrived before me.

"What do you want?" Asked Elif with anger and impatience as he eyed Eyvor.___

Created a discord server, so if anyone wishes to join, [https://discord.gg/TGc9yymDJP]

___
___

Elven Legacy (Chapter 220: Loving Conversation) || Hero of Harmony (Chapter 102: Yuki The Oni) || One Piece: Chaos Kong (Chapter 173: Lustful Angel Island)|| Marvel's Black Steel (Chapter 92: Proud Father) at [patreon.com/Ozonelayer691]