The young man in front of him looked confused for all of two seconds before he gave him a huge smile... and a few tears. 

"Does it sound so bad? I promise I'm good at making toast," he mumbled, confusing Baron even more. 

King seemed to get himself under control quickly, because he was soon getting up and walking over to his big closet. He returned a moment later with a pair of sweatpants and a comfortable-looking long-sleeved shirt. 

Relieved to have something to cover up with, Baron eagerly stood up on his shaky legs and got dressed. 

It fits really well...

"Thank you," he said honestly, giving King a tired smile as he finally met his gentle eyes. 

He got another smile in return. The man seemed to have no shortage of them to give. 

"So... breakfast for dinner? I'm not exactly a great cook, but I just figured out how to boil pasta so I think I'll be able to manage eggs and toast," King said as he calmly reached forward and gently took hold of the tips of Baron's fingers. 

They walked in silence through the small apartment, allowing him the silence he needed to examine what he was seeing. 

It's so... bare. 

His own home had so much stuff in it that just thinking about returning to it had added mountains to his anxiety. His wife always insisted that she needed this new gadget or that fancy tea set, but when she got the things she needed, she'd use them for all of a week, at most, then leave them lying around to collect dust. 

She never cleaned or put things away, either, and if he happened to move something she wanted to use only once a year...

"Hey B, how do you like your eggs? I can do scrambled and... something else. It's kind of close to scrambled but a bit more runny?" 

B? 

Slipping out of his thoughts, Baron walked over and looked into the fridge as King held the door open for him. 

Uh... why do half of those eggs have smiley faces on them? 

"I can sense you judging my eggs," King muttered, though he still had a smile on his face as he closed the carton and took it out of the fridge. 

"The smiley faces are from the old carton and need to be used first. I don't like keeping extra stuff around so as soon as I can fit them into one container, I mark the old ones, then recycle the other." 

Just the thought of not needing to keep extra things sitting around made his body relax a little more as he watched King bring the eggs to the counter, having switched to being the one holding the door open. 

"Was there something else you wanted in there? Go ahead and grab anything," King said as he got a pan situated on top of the stove. 

Uh...

Baron returned his attention to inside the fridge, then reached in and pulled out a quarter stick of butter, then a bell pepper, some mushrooms, and a small package of ground sausage. 

I don't know how to cook that stuff with eggs...

The thought he caught from King wasn't a surprise considering how he'd described his ability to cook eggs in general. 

"I can help you if you'd like to learn how to cook a little better," he said as he took down a cutting board and set it next to the stove. 

He'd prepared all of his family's meals before he'd went to work each morning, so he was pretty good with most things.