Violet understood why they had to leave, but the reason didnt make accepting it any easier. Will was one of the first friends that she made after escaping the lab and starting a new life, aside from the the seven days he was trapped in the Upside Down, she's never been far from him before. Violet has always been right by his side.

And El... god, she was the very first friend she's made. They'd been through hell and back together from being little girls drowning in oversized hospital gowns with shaved heads, and taking down the Mind Flayer together in Hopper's cabin. They were more than best friends, El was her sister, her telekinetic counterpart, her soulmate.

She didn't know what she was gonna do without El or Will, she couldn't imagine life in Hawkins without them. In fact, she didn't want to imagine a life where she didn't see them every day. But unfortunately for her, she had no say in the matter.

The dreaded day of their move approached as each day went by, and ultimately she found herself standing in front of the Byers household holding onto her bike handles, her russet gaze staring down the moving truck that was parked in their driveway.

Today was the day, she and her friends were helping the Byers family pack up their things and leave Hawkins... for good. The last thing she wanted to do was send her best friends off to a new state, but she wouldn't dare to miss saying goodbye, despite how much the very thought of it made her wanna cry her eyes out.

And so, she walked her bike towards the porch where her friends parked theirs, and she sets down her kickstand with the toe of her purple Converse sneaker. She takes in a heavy breath, in through the nose, out through the mouth, then she walks through the door of the Byers home.

As she walks passed the threshold she runs right into Joyce who's carrying two boxes at the same time, when one of the boxes falls she quickly crouches down and picks it up for her. "Thank you, sweetheart." Joyce says with her typical warm smile, "Sorry I ran into you like that, couldn't see over the boxes."

"It's no problem, Ms— Joyce." Violet quickly corrects with a thin lipped smile, "Do you need any help with carrying these?"

"Actually I do." Joyce answers, "You wouldn't mind would you?"

Violet shook her head, "No, not at all, that's what I'm here for." She assured her with a small smile, "Put me to work."

After assisting Joyce with a couple of boxes she needed help getting to the U-Haul, she found herself packing items into labled boxes alongside Lucas, and Max. Across the room for them was Dustin who too was packaging boxes, and out of sheer boredom, Violet decided to bring up something that happened in the midst of the Mind Flayer battle at Starcourt Mall on 4th of July. 

Apparently, while she and Max were busy fleeing for their lives from Billy with Mike and El, Dustin was singing some song over the radio with his girlfriend Suzie. But even after three months passed she didn't know what song, she figured that now would be a good time to ask him.

"Hey, Dustin?" Violet called out, attempting to grab his attention.

Dustin looked over at her from across the room, brows raised. "Yeah, Vi?"

"Weird question, but what was that song you were singing over the radio with Suzie?" She asked him curiously.

Dustin sighs in exasperation, "No. I'm not talking about it."