015

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "She's Gotta Be Mad Max

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
"She's Gotta Be Mad Max."

        MONDAY morning rolled around, and Violet was woken up by her alarm on her bedside table

MONDAY morning rolled around, and Violet was woken up by her alarm on her bedside table. Her eyes that were crusted over with sleep pried open, and she rubbed one of them with her fist while the other hand outstretched towards the alarm. She used her mind to shut off the incessant ringing, then her head dropped into her pillow, as a small yawn escaped her lips.

She forced herself out of her bed, and hopped to her feet. She walked over to her closet and grabbed the hangers of clothes she picked out last night after her shower and cleaning up the mess that was her room. It consisted of, a long sleeved striped black and white shirt, some blue jeans that she cuffs at the ankles, and her purple zip up hoodie with purple chucks.

She sat down at her vanity and got started on her hair, she didn't really have the energy to do much to it, so she styles it into a low ponytail and called it a day. She spritzed herself with her perfume, and rolled on her deodorant, then she got up, grabbed her backpack, and used her mind to turn out the light and flung her arm back to close the door as she exited the bedroom.

She raced down the stairwell and followed the aroma of breakfast,
when she got to the kitchen she found a plate of french toast sticks and turkey bacon sitting on the island counter. As she grabbed the plate to heat it up, she noticed an a bright yellow sticky note on the surface. She picked it up and a small smile tugs at her lips as her velvet brown eyes scanned over the words.

Sorry for not being home all the time, but I made you breakfast to hopefully make up for it. Went to pick up Nance, but I'll see you later. Have a good day at school, Tink.

Love, Stevie.

She put the sticky note back down and she walked to the microwave and heated up her plate of breakfast. She cleared the platter and washed it in the sink before putting it in the drying rack, then she rushed up the staircase to the bathroom to brush her teeth. When she finished, she raced back down the stairwell and grabbed her backpack that she left in the dining room.