011

CHAPTER ELEVEN: "Curiosity Doors

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
"Curiosity Doors."

DURING the drive to the Byers household, which was apparently where they were going. The chief explained to them that Will's mom Joyce, his brother Jonathan, and Mike's sister Nancy knew all about the Upside Down and the monster, and everything. This information was shocking for her, she didn't actually think that anybody else knew about the supernatural and peculiar happenings of the town.

Of course she had her suspicions, but she didn't know for sure, not until right now.

He also knew about both her. Which out of all things, was the biggest shock to her. Apparently, while she and Lucas were out at Hawkins Lab, El was with Dustin and Mike. She didn't get all the details but from what she got it seemed that Troy and James were being dicks — per usual — and El broke Troy's arm and he reported it to the police.

Aka, the chief.

Troy spilled his guts and told him that she and El could make people do things, like break their arms and make them piss themselves. That little snitch exposed the both of them, she's just lucky the chief wasn't gonna turn them both back into Hawkins Lab because of what he found out about them.

Her luck hasn't run out quite yet.

When they arrived at the Byers household, the chief put the car in park, and the five of them unbuckled themselves and climbed out of the vehicle. As they walked up to the house, Mrs. Byers, Jonathan, and Nancy came out the front door.

Surprisingly, Nancy came racing past them both. "Mike. Oh my god. Mike!" She pulls him into a hug, and he stands there stiffly with his hands to his sides as her arms held him tight. "I was so worried about you."

"Yeah, uh... me, too." Mike replied awkwardly as she held onto his arms.

Violet's brows pulled together as she watched the two siblings awkwardly interact, it reminded her of the relationship she had with her brother. If he ever ran up and hugged her like Nancy did, she would be confused and inept, too.