003

CHAPTER THREE: "007 & 011"

CHAPTER THREE:
"007 & 011"

VIOLET was rustling through a basket full of clothes in Mike's basement, on the couch Eleven was sitting with her jacket draped over her shoulders and her trembling fingers keeping it held close and tight to her

VIOLET was rustling through a basket full of clothes in Mike's basement, on the couch Eleven was sitting with her jacket draped over her shoulders and her trembling fingers keeping it held close and tight to her. The boys were standing across from her, their judgmental and curious gazes zeroed in on the confused albeit frightened girl's features. Violet felt for her, she remembered what it was like all those years ago.

Being severely confused by every new face that she saw, not being able to understand anything that was going on around her. She wondered how she escaped, and how long she had been out there all by herself. But that would have to be a conversation for another time, when her friends aren't here and she can freely talk about her past with the one person who knows, because she lived it, too.

"Is there a number we can call for your parents?" Mike asked Eleven.

"Where's your hair? Do you have cancer?" Dustin questioned.

Violet scowled and looks over her shoulder, "She doesn't have cancer, dumbass."

"Did you run away?" Lucas probed.

"Are you in some kind of trouble?" Mike counter questioned.

"Is that blood?" Lucas leaned forward as she turned back to see what he was doing.

"Stop that!" She yelled at him, making him shrink back. "Don't touch her!"

"Yeah, Lucas!" Mike shrilled, "You're freaking her out!"

"She's freaking me out!" Lucas cries defensively.

"I bet you she's deaf." Dustin assumed, clapping his hands together and making the girl on the couch flinch. "Not deaf."