002

CHAPTER TWO: "Cornwallis and Kirley

CHAPTER TWO:
"Cornwallis and Kirley."

VIOLET and the boy's excitement drained as they grabbed their bags and left the Heathkit ham shack in the AV Club room, they all said their goodbyes to Mr

VIOLET and the boy's excitement drained as they grabbed their bags and left the Heathkit ham shack in the AV Club room, they all said their goodbyes to Mr. Clarke and followed both the principal and the chief to the office. She had a bad feeling stirring in her gut, and it felt like all signs were pointing to her MIA best friend, Will. All day she had been wondering where the hazel eyed boy was, she hadn't seen him in any of their shared classes.

And the other boys hadn't seen him either.

Once they get to the office and the principal, the chief and his deputy sit down, the chief of police gets right to the point and tells them what he was here for. And it was just what she feared, Will was missing. Her heart sunk as she glanced down to her lap, the boys on the couch on either side of her were talking over each other, and arguing about what happened, but she and the raven haired Wheeler boy beside her didn't say a word.

They were just too shocked by the news.

"Okay, okay, okay." The chief spoke, cutting into Lucas and Dustin's childish arguing. "One at a time, all right?" He points to Mike and he nods at him. "You said he takes what?"

"Mirkwood." Mike answered.

"Mirkwood?" The chief shot him a questioning glance, not familiar with the name. Which makes sense since it was from The Lord of the Rings and not actually the real road.

"Yeah." Mike nodded.

The chief looks at his deputy in the light blue uniform, "Have you ever heard of Mirkwood?"

His deputy shakes his head, "I have not. That sounds made up to me."

"It is made up." Violet inserted, "From a book."