018

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: "I Like Different

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
"I Like Different."

      LATER that same day as the sun went down, Violet was upstairs in her room packing her things into a spare backpack that she had

LATER that same day as the sun went down, Violet was upstairs in her room packing her things into a spare backpack that she had. Her plan was that when she got back home she was gonna sneak out of her window, then she was headed to the log cabin to visit El for Halloween. She figured that she could use the company, since she wasn't allowed to go trick or treating. Which was completely unfair in her opinion, but there was nothing that could be done about it.

Hopefully, she'd have enough candy to share between the both of them.

"Violet, let's go!" Steve yelled from downstairs, where he was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs. "We're burning daylight!"

"I'm coming!" She yelled back at him, zipping up her bag and leaving it placed on her bed.

She grabs her Halloween bag and puts her walkie inside, and she rushed out of the room, closing the door with a backwards swing of her arm. She runs down the steps and meets Steve at the bottom, then the both of them leave the house and she races to his Burgandy BWM. She climbs into the passenger's side and buckles her seatbelt, then he drops into the drivers side.

Steve goes to start up the car, and she sends him a sharp look. He noticed this and glanced at her, "What?"

"Safety first, Stevie." She tells him.

Steve rolls his eyes, "We're not even going far." But nonetheless, he pulls at the seatbelt and buckles himself up. "There, happy now?"

Violet grins, nodding her head. "Very. Now, come on." She glanced at her wrist watch, "It's almost 7."

"Oh, now you're the one rushing me?" Steve scoffed as he started the car, "You were the one taking forever and a day upstairs."