Chapter Two

MIA

His presence lingered in my mind long after he left the bar. Alex. the name echoed in my thoughts like a haunting melody, stirring something deep within me. I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, of his intense gaze following me even when he wasn't there. Days passed, and still, I couldn't escape the memory of that night.

His eyes, so dark and penetrating, seemed to see right through me, igniting a fire that I couldn't extinguish.

I tried to focus on my art, to lose myself in the colors and shapes that filled my canvas, but his image was always there, lurking in the shadows of my mind.

One evening, as I walked home from the studio, I felt a presence behind me, a sense of someone following in my footsteps.

I quickened my pace, my heart pounding in my chest, but the footsteps only seemed to grow closer. Panic surged through me as I fumbled for my keys, my hands shaking with fear.

"Hey, wait up!" His voice cut through the silence, sending a shiver down my spine.

I turned to see him approaching, his steps purposeful and determined. There was something in his eyes, a raw intensity that both frightened and intrigued me.

"What do you want?" I demanded, my voice trembling with a mixture of fear and anger.

I didn't understand why he was following me, why he couldn't just leave me alone.

He stopped in front of me, his gaze unwavering as he looked into my eyes. "I just wanted to talk," he said softly, his voice surprisingly gentle.

"I didn't mean to scare you." He says softly.

I felt a surge of conflicting emotions, my fear giving way to a strange sense of curiosity. There was something about him that drew me in, something I couldn't quite put into words.

Against my better judgment, I found myself listening to him, letting him walk me home as we talked about everything and nothing.

As we reached my door, he hesitated for a moment before leaning in closer, his breath warm against my skin.

"I'll see you around," he said, his voice barely a whisper. And with that, he was gone, leaving me standing there, my heart racing and my thoughts in turmoil.

I knew then that my life would never be the same. Alex had awakened something inside me, something dangerous and forbidden.

But try as I might, I couldn't resist the pull of his dark, mysterious allure. Little did I know, this was only the beginning of a journey that would take me to the edge of reason and back again.