No, I lost her. Parked her in a hallway. Went to get her labs. Couldn't find the hallway. Of course, no one helped me." Charles says looking up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, Don't even ask for help. These Seattle Grace people are kinda douchey." Jackson says, taking a bite of his cookie.

"We're douchey? You guys come into this hospital and take their dead friend's cubby. Who they keep empty to honor him. Then you steal my patient." Mia says pointing at Jackson." And you, You used Izzie. What was it you called her? Oh, that's right, You called her your surgical bitch. So you guys have some nerve calling us douchey." Mia says before walking out.
Back from flashback
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek comes back with two big coffees, and one Coca-Cola bottle and gives one to Mark and Coca-Cola to Mia who takes it and drinks a big sip of her Cola.

"You are the best," Mia says, taking another sip from her coffee.

"I know," Derek says, smiling at his sister

Mia then walks back to the others sitting down between Alex and Lexie.

"You got Coca-Cola?" Reed asks, jealous.

"Yeah, I got my ways. Could tell you, but we Seattle Grace people are douchey." Mia says looking at Jackson, before taking another big sip of her coffee.

"Stop taunting us," Charles says.

"I'm just drinking my Coca-Cola, I don't blame you guys for making me be here," Mia says.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Jackson asks

" I wasn't even near the patient. I was in trauma 2 all night, with my patient." Mia answers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hours later everyone except Mia had been inside with the chief. Lexie who was next to last comes out closely followed by the chief.

"Mia, You're up," Richard says before walking back into the conference room.

After a few seconds Mia comes in.

"Where are you in contact with the patient?" Larry asks.

"No, I was with Doctor Sloan and Doctor Robbins in Trauma 2 all night helping with the young burn victim," Mia tells them. " To be completely honest I don't even know what happened to the patient let alone who the patient was," Mia explains.

"You don't know anything about this?" Larry asks, a bit surprised.

" Like I said I was in Trauma 2 all night. Robbins and Sloan can confirm that." Mia says.

"Maybe you can take a look at the chart to see if you can spot a mistake. We need new eyes on this." Larry says giving Mia a chart.

Mia starts looking through the chart and after just a few minutes she spots the mistake. She double-checks again and even triple-checks it.

"They never checked her throat when she first came in," Mia says.

"What?" Webber says surprised

"They didn't check her throat, If they had they would have intubated her directly they never did.
Whoever did the exam forgot to check her throat, I triple-checked nothing about her throat." Mia repeats giving back the chart to Webber.

"I missed that," Webber says.

"Wait a minute. Did it say A.K. at the doctor part? Did I just get Alex fired?" Mia asks.

"No, Kepner," Larry says.

"You can go now, Doctor." Larry continues.

Mia gets up and walks out of the room.

"Did you get fired?" Derek asks, confused.

"Nope, but sadly someone will," Mia tells her father.

Before anyone else can say something Webber walks out and asks April to come back into the conference room.

April walks in, when the door closes everyone looks at Mia.

"She forgot to check the patient's throat When she first examined her," Mia says looking at the others.

"How do you know?" Reed asks, a bit annoyed.

"Because I didn't know anything about the patient, they showed me her chart. There were no notes about their throat from the first exam. Made it pretty obvious." Mia says before starting to walk away to the locker room.

Later the residents are at the nurse's station talking.

"So April missed the airway huh? That's so stupid" Charles said.

"Airway first," Lexie says looking down at the floor.

"That's med school 101, right?" Jackson says.

"It's pretty basic," Alex says.

"It was one second," Reed says, annoyed.

" She got distracted and she made a mistake." Reed continues.

"That we all nearly got fired for," Charles says.

"Nosedive has a point," Jackson says.

"Thank you, what?" Charles says a bit confused.

" We nearly got fired to fix what she screwed up in the first place," Alex says a bit annoyed.

"Because that's our job, You didn't make any mistakes today? Alex, You've been distracted the entire week. Who knows what you screw up. But our patients didn't die, that's why we didn't get caught. It could have happened to any one of us." Mia says looking at the others.  "We got lucky. She didn't." Mia continues.

"Here she comes," Jackson says as April comes up behind them.

April doesn't, she just walks past them not even stopping after Reed calls out for her.

I was ready to go home too, when I was dragged to on call room. I looked at the person who dragged me and it was Jackson

"Hey, Mia," Jackson began tentatively, "I just wanted to say sorry for the way I acted earlier. I know things got heated, and I shouldn't have said those things. I hope we can move past it."

I regarded Jackson with a mixture of surprise and gratitude. "Thanks, Jackson," I replied, offering him a small smile. "I appreciate that. Let's just put it behind us and focus on getting through the rest of the day, okay?"

Jackson nodded, a sense of relief evident in his expression. "Absolutely. Thanks for forgiving us."

Leave comments with your thoughts and likes  ❤️, please