ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

she exhaled, smoke billowing from her lips. the roaring crowd felt unfamiliar and set some kind of unease in her stomach. marie couldn't remember the first time she performed- like actually performed. it never felt this hard, she was sure of it.

taking another long inhale, she placed her cigarette into the microphone stand and flushed her way back into reality. she was real and she was here.

this was happening.

"i have one more teeny song." she attempted to play it off, earning a scorned scream from the bounds of people in front of her. the venue was colonial, walls painted red with gorgeous gold trimming. everyone has come for her show tonight. in the boxes ahead sat daisy and elvis, almost two meters apart. not touching. not speaking. both looking blankly ahead, barely focused on marie. in the box just below sat charlie and his 'personal assistant.'

she was tall, blonde and overwhelmingly gorgeous. marie peered up and watched as she touched his arm, laughing at any little comment he made.

her nude lips pursing when she caught wind of marie's slight glance. she nudged charlie, focusing him on marie.

marie turned around, nodding to the band behind her. the strings for 'lacy' began to pluck which earned a strained belt from the crowd.

as she began to sing marie felt an extremely hot pair of eyes on her head. it was daisy. she knew it would of been daisy, her glare could pierce stone.

"that's mine." daisy breathed, barely above a whisper.

"d'you say somethin'?" elvis said, unable to take his eyes from marie.

"that's mine." she repeated.

without moving his attention, elvis grabbed a martini from the table and carelessly passed it back to daisy.

"not the drink you fool." she pushed it back. "this song. it's mine."

his eyes snapped back into focus turning to daisy.

"whatchu' waffling about back there daisy?" he spoke to her as if she was a child, a dumb expression painted his face. it was as though he was mocking her.

"i wrote this song." daisy could feel herself becoming flustered as the song began to end.

"you sure? i mean marie wouldn't just steal somethin' like that." elvis' attention was back on the stage.