ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

she walked in hot. the flush from the paparazzi was fresh on her cheeks.

marie breathed.

her eyes moved to the stage, a form of cabaret was happening- "much less orderly than cabaret." marie noted.

she sashayed over to the bar, leaning her elbows on the sticky counter.

"could i get a..." she tapped her nails in thought. "a double long island please- on the rocks."

a man next to her shook his head as the bartender whisked of to make her drink.

marie faced him, she was in the mood to fight.

"i hope your ordering that for your husband." he said sipping his own drink.

"and if i'm not?" she asked, digging her hand into a bowl of nuts that were placed next to her.

"well if it's for you, i'll be walking out here with one more thing than i entered with." the man finished the rest of the drink, smirking up at marie.

marie internally grimaced. surely not. he wasn't serious- was he?

marie noticed he wasn't laughing. she took her drink from the bartender and threw it into the man's face.

"alcohol burns." marie said, turning and ordering another drink.

"you bitch." he muttered, picking up his suit jacket and storming over to the toilets.

"you're welcome!" she shouted, smiling
sweetly over at him.

marie took her drink and began mingling. she pushed herself right in the middle of the dance floor, swaying and tapping her foot in the upbeat timing of the music.

ೃ⁀➷

marie checked her watch, it was almost three in the morning. she drunkenly giggled, covering her mouth with her hand.

she looked up at the people surrounding her on the dance floor, the majority had dispersed, leaving marie practically alone.

a slower song was plucked on the speaker.

marie immediately recognised it.

she stumbled over to the stage, trying to climb up.

"you must let me sing it!" her voice was pleading as she attempted to grab the microphone of the dj. "i'm marie booker! soul of the south, national superstar, elvis presley lover marie booker!"

the dj's eyes widened as she bent down to help marie up.

"ladies and gentlemen sorry to interrupt you!" the dj spoke into the microphone. "miss marie booker is in the house."

the gaggle of people cheered, and marie joined them, clapping and cheering for herself.

"little southern-belle here would like to take this song. what do we say?"

the same crowd cheered as marie took the microphone.

"hiya..." she felt shy all of a sudden, stepping into the light. "just so you know i am currently not... you know." she giggled. "sod it, who cares."

the song began to play as marie started to position herself.

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗
LINGER
BY THE
CRANBERRIES
╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

the music started as marie realised she could barely be heard over the original track. nonchalantly, she shrugged.

"if you."

"if you could return."

"don't let it burn, don't let it fade. i'm sure i'm not being rude. but it's just your attitude, it's tearing me apart."

as marie sung she felt the pang one her heart that she knew all too well.

elvis.

"is ruining everything, i swore, i swore i would be true and honey so did you."

the song felt like a song about elvis.

all of a sudden every lyric resonated with him.

"so why were you holding her hand?"

daisy manford's hand.

"is that the way we stand?"

the 365 letters she sent unopened.

"were you lying all the time? was it just a game to you?"

her heart felt as though it was beating in her entire body.

"but i'm in so deep."

she attempted to sway, her face getting sweaty in the bright lights.

"you know i'm such a fool for you. you got me wrapped around your finger. do you have to let it linger? do you have to, do you have, do you have to let it linger?"

just like magic, the crowd parted and marie's gasp was heard through the entire club.

for the first time in years she felt her whole body light up. she could feel the heat rising from the tips of her toes to the top of her head.

elvis.

oh, elvis.

he stood in the middle of the dance floor, wearing a neatly pressed black shirt. she could smell the musky sweetness of his aroma from where she was stood.

he wasn't real. she looked at him over and over again. it was as if time had
disappeared, the world stopped especially for them.

marie felt the microphone drop from her hand as the song continued without her.

she leaped from the stage and ran, she felt the rush in her hair as she made it to him.

their bodies collided.

everything felt okay again.

the universe knitted their souls together, it felt like when the stars first met the moon.

"stars, stars, stars." marie repeated, muttering it inaudibly.