ೃ⁀➷ 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝗢

ೃ⁀➷lowercase intended

ೃ⁀➷
lowercase intended

elvis walked into the kitchen first, the rush and accident had sent a few of his dark hairs astray. they parted nicely on the front of his face. marie trotted alongside him. she felt like a lost dog in these kitchens.

the noise and the smell was enough to make her sick. it smelt like her fathers study. cigars and wine. as soon as she emerged from behind him, everyone looked at her. for the first time she felt extremely overdressed. a pink tinge rose across her cheeks.

"what ya'll lookin' at? you ain't ever seen a girl before?" a voice near her piped up.

at the sound of the voice everyone looked away, avoiding both marie's and the ladys eyes. the lady turned to her.

"you lost sugar?" she said, making herself busy. "the restrooms a few doors over."

"she's wi' me ami. lil' lady fell right into my arms." elvis chuckled putting his tray down. marie placed her glasses on the same tray, rearranging them so it would be easier for elvis to hold.

elvis hummed as he grabbed a few ice cubes.

"...wanna play house wi' you." he sung, his voice barely above a whisper. marie smiled as she brushed past him to grab her own ice cubes.

it was only a matter of minutes before elvis was ready to reemerge, back into the ballroom. he was trying to stall. marie was a sweet girl, he had hoped to have a proper conversation with her.

"you... you smoke?" elvis spoke, he internally groaned. of course she wouldn't smoke. as if marie booker would smoke.

marie spun around, she was a little shocked. she had never been offered to "smoke" before. her mother always told her that smoking was for the men.

screw her.

"yeah.. sometimes." she said, her sweet voice stirring butterflies in elvis' stomach.

elvis had a strange look plastered on his face, as if to say 'yeah, right.' but he shook it off, shrugging. he took billy's matches from the side and beckoned her to the back door.

he leant up against the wall outside. the sun had only just set and dusk was upon them. he gave her a cigarette as he lit his own. marie didn't know how to hold it. elvis held his in between his thumb and his pointer finger, but the ladies on the television always held theirs between their fingers.

she chose the lady way. elvis struck another match. placing it on the end of her cigarette.

"bring it too your lips and suck it up. it won't light if ya' just stand there." he chuckled, watching her inhale.