Mingyu opened the door only to gasp when he saw Mr Jeon in front of him.
He widen his eyes when Mr Jeon directly head inside without giving him any chance to protest.

"so- this is where you're hiding huh?" Mr Jeon's loud voice reached Jungkook and he snapped his eyes open.

"wha-what ---

"what am I doing here? is this what you are trying to ask?" Mr Jeon took steps towards his son who stood up from the bed and faced his father, and immediately lowered his head.

Mr Jeon signaled Mingyu to leave them alone, which the male hesitantly did.

Mr Jeon looked at his son who's standing while hanging his head low.

"I've never taught my son to do something that can lower his head. I've always taught my son to be upright and hold his head high." Mr Jeon said and Jungkook looked at his father's face. And both of their eyes teared up.

Mr Jeon walked forward and held his son's shoulder to make him sit on the edge of the bed, and he himself sat beside him.

"I'm not going to ask why you did that. but I'm here to ask you that what are you going to do now?" Mr Jeon asked making Jungkook look at him.

"what do you mean?"

Mr Jeon sighed, "you have a baby on the way Jungkook, your baby is going to be born anytime soon. Don't tell me you are giving up after everything." Mr Jeon scoffed making Jungkook widen his eyes.

"Dad--

"I'm not here to preach morals kookie, I'm here to make you own up your act and your responsibility to your family." Mr Jeon took a glass of water from the table and drank it.

Jungkook was looking at his father astonishingly, what is happening? he wondered.

"you know your mother and I dated for four years before we got married."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, he heard his parents love story from his mom a countless times, why is his father telling him now?

"I know you heard from your mom, that your mom was the one liked me first and proposed me first too." Mr Jeon looked at his son who saw a glint in his father's eyes that he never saw before.

"that's not true." Jungkook widen his eyes.

"I saw Yuri a long time ago before she met me. I've been pinning on her for more than two years. I thought I might go crazy if I couldn't have her by my side.
The day she proposed me was the day when I was about to do something unexpected.
I saw her laughing with a senior, everyone knew that guy liked your mom.
I was angry, so angry that i could only see red rage. I went towards them thinking I can murder that guy and make everyone including Yuri realize that she's mine." Mr Jeon took a deep breath and Jungkook listened it with wide eyes, he never heard his father saying these ever.

"On that spot I even thought about forcing myself on Yuri." Mr Jeon tightly closed his eyes. "But then she herself came in front of me, asked me out in front of everyone. I felt my tongue numb, I couldn't speak that day so I had to nod my head."

Jungkook looked at his father in disbelief. He gulped hard to take in the information his father gave.

"I always thought you took over Yuri, including her looks in you. But now I think that the impulsive action regarding our loved ones runs through your veins too." Mr Jeon stopped and looked at his son. "that day i might haven't done anything but that doesn't mean I don't regret or loath myself for thinking like that till now."

"tell me, Jungkook. do you regret your actions?"

Jungkook kept looking at the floor, he does regret his action. he does. But if he didn't do it then could Taehyung would ever be his?
he clenched his jaw hard.
why is it so fcking hard to answer a simple question?