Epilogue - Scarlett

Start from the beginning

I have been waiting an incredibly long time for this day. I didn't get to have one for the twins because I bought everything I needed. Plus, I had no one to invite.

The only ones I had to invite were Paisley and Kennedy and they would be the ones to plan it.

So, that would have been useless.

This time around I had a whole slew of people to invite.

Keema.

Davina and Lanelle.

Kennedy and Olivia.

Paisley and Lyle.

Allen, Abby, and Oakley.

Porter.

Elliott.

With Kyson's approval, I invited Declan and Quinn.

Of course, most of them had to fly out here from New York but Kyson offered to pay the airfare for Allen, Abby, and Oakley.

He also helped out Kennedy and Olivia.

Keema's money was Dad's money, so she was able to pay for her and the girls.

Everything worked out and everybody showed up.

I couldn't wait to see my mom.

I haven't seen her in person since I moved away about five months ago. I was delighted to see her and my little sister.

They have been dying to meet Kyson anyway, Oakley and Allen particularly.

She was the first one I ran to when I made it downstairs to everybody.

Mostly everyone was in the backyard, my mom and Oakley were waiting inside.

"Mom!" I cheered, rushing to her as quickly as I could, I embraced her.

Abby doesn't mind me calling her mom, one day it just slipped out and I've been calling her it ever since. She didn't oppose.

My mom was also able to find out what happened to my adoptive parents. Evidently, when I was one, they died in a boating accident in Hawaii. I was left with my adoptive mom's brother while they were away, and he didn't want to take me on as a responsibility, so I was put into the system.

She beamed in happiness to see me. "Lettie!" My mom was amazed to see how big my stomach had gotten. "You're huge."

Abby calls me Lettie because that's what they used to call her grandma Scarlett, as well. And since she named me after her, I didn't mind it.

I cracked up. "I know."

I took the time to introduce my mom and Oakley to Kyson. They spoke over the phone and FaceTime, but they've never met in person.

We talked for a few minutes.

"I've missed you, baby girl." My mom expressed, rubbing my arm.

Gosh, I adore this woman.

I loved her the moment I laid eyes on her, then she stopped me from leaving her house; she called me back.

She didn't have to; she could have let me run away without inviting me in.

She healed me that day.

She made me feel wanted.

"I missed you, too." I pouted, trying my damnedest not to cry.

Introducing Kyson to Allen, we got this party started.

We played several baby shower games, and had tons of food and drinks. We danced and chatted and just all around had an enjoyable time. I loved seeing everyone together, getting along, and appreciating each other's company.