"What do you mean by expelled?" Laura asks

"The school, being prestige, must uphold a reputation, and one of those is that the students do not stoop low to the point of thieving. If a student were to steal, there would be a chance of them getting expelled, and in the future, that would have big and bad effects when trying to get a job." Nora says.

"I see," Laura says.

"I like her too much to just stand still and watch Amber destroy her. I'm also scared of her, just like the next person. The power she wields can get out of hand. It's like giving a baby a gun and telling her not to shoot. I do believe that there might be good in her, but she's about to step out of line, and I can't support her this time."

I smile and nod. "Thank you, Anna. I understand that doing this must have been hard for you and that you had to take a great deal of courage to come forward and say, For that, I really appreciate you."

Anna slowly smiles and rises to her feet. "It's no problem; I'm glad I could help, and I'll be sure to inform you in case there's anything new." Anna quickly takes out her phone and checks the time. "I better get going; Amber might start wondering where I am if I'm out too long."

Anna turns and nods to Nora and then to Laura. She turns to me, and I hug her; this time she doesn't hesitate to return the sentiment. I walk her out of the room and to the exit. "Honestly, thank you," I say, and she grins.

"And honestly, I'm happy to help." She waves and leaves, and I lock the door. I turn and go back to the girls, who seem to have made them comfortable on my bed. "M'lady, this way, please," Laura says, patting the bed. I internally groan as I see the foreseeable grilling I'm about to step into.

I sit on the bed and cross my legs as I face them. "Yeah?" I slowly ask

"Explain yourself" Nora says

"Explain what?"

"Don't act dumb, Crystal. It's not very pretty," Laura says, and I sigh.

"Okay, where do I start?" I look up at the ceiling and then look back at them.

"You can start by answering how you girls got close." Nora suggests

I nodded. "The principal asked me to tutor her, and I didn't know who she was until I met her at the library. At first, I thought it was just a way for me to be tormented by Amber and her crew, but then I noticed things that didn't seem right. Things that are not in my place to tell, but I saw them, never told her about them, and thought that maybe I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I thought that I should at least get a chance to know her before I placed judgment."

"And what's your verdict?" Laura asks

"She's... shy at first, but once you get to know her, she's bubbly, fun, and creative. She's the curious type, and I can see in her eyes that she doesn't like how things are. She doesn't like the facade of being a bully. She's loyal, and yeah, I do think it's wrong that she has to be a minion for Amber, but I know that there's a story there that might take a while to get to. But what I know is true is what she says about there being a number of things she might let slide, but when it might ruin someone's life to a big degree, she won't stand by, and that makes someone courageous and someone who actually has a conscious."

"But what makes you think what she's saying isn't part of Amber's plan?" Laura asks

"Trust is a choice, and I choose to believe her."

"If you say so, then we'll back you up," Nora says, and Luara shrugs with a smile.

"Thanks, girls; you're the best."