chapter one hundred and one

Start from the beginning

"Jobs?" Nora asked, needing some more information on the question he's trying to ask. "Yeah, like what profession you're thinking of doing." He added, Nora pressing her lips in a fine line, never remembering a time where professor Slughorn did that.

"No not really. However, he thinks I could he a potions professor here— he sees great potential in that; or in DADA. I haven't given it much thought." She said truthfully, shrugging her shoulders in the midst of it.

"What do you see yourself doing after Hogwarts?" Asked James, a little curious to know her plans. Nora's only current plans were keeping herself alive against Tom Riddle, needing to survive the summer first before anything else.

"Well, if I was a muggle, own a bookstore, drink coffee all day and hot chocolate all night. Fall asleep upstairs with my dog in our one bedroom apartment— but times have changed, because now I have you." She simply told him, always thinking about what it was like to be a muggle in such simple times.

"Now what do you see?"

"I see, us living in a home, somewhere in godrics hallow.. the houses there are beautiful by the way. Anyways, I've always seen myself having girls, but we would also own a dog, probably a German shepherd and a cat, a black Cat! Probably name them Loki or something— I'm not sure about the animals. But the girls, each a unique name you wouldn't be able to guess—"

"— Henrietta, Carrie and Louise." James finished, his eyes twinkling when he looked at her. Nora stood there a little surprised at him, the corner of her mouth turning into a smile. "How'd you know?" She whispered, her heart beating a little faster, looking up at him.

"Favourite book, loved that muggle author but changed it a little and Henrietta has a good ring to it too— but what if there's a boy in this mix?" James asked, Nora titling her head at him. "Then Henry, there's a Henry already in my family, he'll be Henry the second." She concluded, James shaking his head.

"I've always liked the name Harry." He told her; Nora narrowing her eyes at him. "As a nickname for Harold? Really?" She asked, not a huge fan of the name.

"What? We can name Henrietta but we can't do Harry?" He asked her, Nora biting her lip. "Fine, we'll put a pin in it, but for now, we should get to dinner." She told him, knowing they were going to be late, not wanting to raise suspicions.

James obeyed as he grabbed Nora's hand to begin walking down the corridors, rushing back the courtyard to get to where they needed to be. As much as Nora was all for playing fantasy land, she was worried James wasn't as much, both having different views on their future together, and that's what was scaring her a little, smiling at him when they got to dinner, walking over to the others.

"Dear sister, where are your fellow Slytherins?" Asked Sirius, pointing to the empty table with lots of food to be served. Nora furrowed her eyebrows, grimacing a little at how nobody was there. "Well Evan is a bit sick, I'm sure Regulus is taking care of him and Atticus is doing homework— well there's one."

Of course, it was Severus, walking in dramatic as ever. Nora stood up, excusing herself from the Gryffindors as she sat in front of the lad, raising an eyebrow. "None of them wanted to come, the elves personally made some food, regulus said he might come but I doubt it." He explained, shaking his head.

"It's getting bad Nora— were you going to eat dinner with the enemies?" He asked, lowering his voice and hissing a little while speaking. Nora rolled her eyes as she tilted her head, taking a grape. "Wasn't about to eat alone." She mumbled, feeling guilty for doing that.

"Well, eat up, Slughorn wants to speak to us and how there's barley anyone showing up for classes now except for his. He's becoming more concerned." Severus spoke, popping some fries into his mouth. "I'll eat with you." Nora quietly said, getting herself a plate and looking at the boy with a smile.