Chapter 59-The Dead Speak!

Start from the beginning

            Ever since then, the two of them were almost inseparable. After every bridge shift, they would eat together, and gossip, and mock their superiors, and have a good laugh— quietly enough, of course, that no-one else would hear.

            It did take some time, of course, before the conversations switched to possible romances, but those were never serious, and besides, that sort of thing in The First Order was sorely prohibited, unless kept quiet, like the relationship between Officer Elsie, and the trooper BR-3NT. It was a sort of "don't ask don't tell" which applied to everyone, and it was much more lenient among the lower of ranks. But of course, Darley never had been the type to go small...She was ambitious. She needed to have what couldn't be had by anyone- the unattainable... 

Darley wanted Hux.

            The first time she had said it to [Y/n], she could swear that she laughed and said something like, 

            "The General? Really?"

 To which Darley protested, 

            "You can't tell me you don't think he's at least a little bit, I don't know...handsome? Interesting?"

 [Y/n] thought about it... 

            "He's our boss. You know what they say about insubordination. And besides, you don't think he's kind of intense?" 

            "Well, aren't I intense?" 

            "Sure, Miss Darley"

            And not only did [y/n] GO FOR General Hux— she got him. And not only did she get him— she lied about it. Some might have called this upset "petty", but it boiled red hot down to Officer Dare Darley's very core....

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

            "[Y/n] could never be a Sith" she thought, "She doesn't have it in her. There's something about her that is too caring. Too... confused. Too haughty. I am nothing like her, and that is good. She can have Hux... He's weak too...They deserve each other"

            Meditating in the dark supply closet, Darley thought a lot about her future, and what she wanted. She had heard voices echoing in her head... she had heard a call... she sat and focused, and reached out, basically begging, until finally...

Darley, I can feel your rage. I can feel there is something you want.

            "Yes. Yes, there is much that I want!"

And what might that be?

            "I want to become a Sith Lord. I want to be your apprentice"

I am not your master. It is the Rule of Two. Don't you know anything about the Sith? One master, to embody power, and one apprentice, to eternally crave it. ...and I have already chosen my apprentice.

            "But I am so alone...I don't want to be alone. I want to train under you"

Do you even know who I am?

            "I... I'm not... actually sure. You are a Sith Lord, of old?"

Yes, gooood. But who?

            "Are you Darth Sidious?"

The voice in Darley's head cackled:

AHAHAHA! Darth Sidious is said to be long dead. Did you not hear?