Chapter 52- Mission to Batuu: Pt. I (I'll Love You Forever)

About a day or so after your conversation with Kylo, the Finalizer began its approach Batuu's surrounding system.
            It would only be a matter of hours before the mission was a go.
            You were sleeping atop Hux's chest when the alert went out.
            "Attention: All First Order Troops are to man their stations for the approach into Batuu," Former Trooper, now Captain Brent's voice echoed through the loudspeaker, "We are now in active descent. All personnel must follow the orders they have received from the Supreme Leader. Over and out"
Hux's eyes went wide. You could tell he was nervous.
"Well then, [y/n], I guess this is it." He said somberly.
"Oh, Armitage please..." you reassured him, "I'll be fine. You'll be fine. It's all going to be just fine."
He raised a brow skeptically, before pulling you into a long embrace.
"Is that a promise?" He whispered.
"Yes. It's a promise."
"Yes what?"
"Yes General."
Then, you kissed for what felt like both forever, and an instant. None of Hux's kisses ever felt long enough.
"I'll see you on the other side," Hux said as you went in opposite directions down the hall outside his quarters.
"See you on the other side," you said— "Oh, and General?" You called after him.
"Yes, Officer [Y/n]?"
You couldn't help but grin.
"I'll love you forever," you said. "I'll love you forever."
Hux almost smiled back...he never smiled much. But there was a certain glint in his eye, like a drop of rain just freezing into snow. A hail-storm glint.
"And all the same to you"

———————————-

The descent onto Batuu was rocky, to say the least. The ship you'd been sent on had to manage all sorts of evasive maneuvers on top of a ridiculous amount of cloaking...tech which you yourself had worked on while working beside Hux. Thankfully, it got the job done, and you landed in a secluded wood just outside of a spot called Blackspire Outpost—a particularly interesting locale.
            Everywhere you looked, the people were very outwardly standoffish.
            Or rather, they all seemed to be very deeply engrossed in whatever it was they were doing—whatever illicit, unlawful activity they'd come to the Outpost for... it was so far away from any other planets or trade routes—you immediately understand why it was used for all that—underground trading stops, and secret Resistance bases. Batuu was just secluded enough to be invisible —a perfect trading post away from the drama of the rest of the galaxy.

            But it won't be for long...

You pull your cloak over your face as you sneak through town and make your way through the settlement's center...But you don't get very far incognito before you spot Elsie and her brigade of bridge officers, tailed by troopers, marching forth in full uniform. You see a few of the Outpost's citizens whisper to each other.
"Get back!" You hiss, gesturing as discreetly as possible for them to return back to ship.
"And since when do I take orders from you?" Elsie sneers.
"Yeah," says Gerda, "Since when do we take orders from you?"
You roll your eyes.
"I was told that I would be advancing first, incognito, and THEN Kylo would give you the order to. Are you trying to start a battle right away?"
Officer Lor looks to Elsie, confused.
"She...is right, isn't she?" he says, "Unless Supreme Leader gave you the direct order to—"
"Shut up Lor," Elsie interrupts, "I know exactly what I am doing... and you should too."
"I know—But Supreme Leader Ren sent [y/n]..."
"Fine-" Officer Kate butts in, "Let's let her go first. But you better hurry it up, [y/n], because we won't be far behind"
You see Lor whisper something to Gerda, who immediately shushes him.
"Alright," you say, "I suppose I will.
You look towards the Outpost, a sudden sick feeling in your stomach.
The bridge officers look at you impatiently.
"Well, go on!" Says Officer Elsie, cocking the gun in her hand. The Officers beside her stare silently in solidarity.
"It's almost like you all want me dead or something," You drag.
The stunned officers shuffle about in a chorus of "What, no?" And "Of course not!"