Chapter 32- Sick

There was a half-silence, which would have been silence if it hadn't been for the horrible ringing in your ears.
Sharp, obtrusive, like a knife. All-consuming and endless like pain.
You couldn't hear, think, or process anything past the sick dread in your gut.

It felt like all the blood left your body, and every one of your organs slowed. It felt like the worst fever, the sickest betrayal. The deepest cut.
            The least expected lie.
The feeling right before you are about to throw up, but it's all happening so fast and you don't know if you'll make it to the waste disposal in time.

General Hux was standing right there in front of you, but he had never felt so far away. You had never felt so empty.
            So worthless.
Truth be told, sitting there with your tousled hair, in nothing but red lingerie, you felt like the galaxy's biggest fool.

"[y/n]" you hear Hux echo through your haze, "You mustn't jump to conclusions. This situation is far more complicated than it seems on the surface, you have to understand it-"

You barely hear him.

"This whole thing must have been a set up...why did you bring me to this girl?" Kylo fades in and out.

"It wasn't...no agenda...Ren please..."

"You don't understand...you underestimate"

"[y/n]"

"Shut up"

Your ears were still ringing, as you remained staring into space. What point was there to anything now? You couldn't think of one. Your stomach felt like it'd been twisted in eight different directions, and you wondered if you really would vomit.

"I already have so much to worry about on the daily Ren, this sort of business-"

"I did not ask how busy you were on a daily-"

"You have no right to get in the way-"

You hear the faint echoing whisper of a lightsaber whirring to life. You almost begin to meditate on its deep hummmmm....

"Careful Ren..."

"Do I look like I am worried about being careful? I know-"

"You know nothing!-"

Whoooooom, whooooom. Wiewwwww, Weeeiooooooow. Whooooom whooooooom....

It's so easy to space out on the lightsaber thrashing, you nearly almost forget to realize that it is a dangerous weapon, and Hux is not armed with one.

"Don't you dare move, Hux. I will cut you."

"Now is really not a good time for that. Wouldn't you think?"

You turn and watch, noticing that Hux took out his blaster gun and held it right Kylo.

"This is hardly a fair fight."

"And what would be?"

Whooom whooom, pew pew. Pew pew!!!

But soon the nausea was just too much. Feeling the tears begin to sting the back of your eyes, you cant help it but to get up leave. And though you weren't quite sure what you were hearing, you were pretty certain neither Kylo or Hux saw you leave.

So down the hall of The Finalizer you go, naked but for a lacy red lingerie set. Not necessarily the ideal way to go about the ship, but there were worse things. When the ringing in your ears stop, it is soon replaced by the harsh beating of your heart.

"[y/n] you hear Hux yell, "wait!"

And despite maybe wanting to know what was about to happen, you couldn't bring your sick, empty self to stay.

Because you were already gone.