Chapter 59-The Dead Speak!

Meanwhile, Officer Darley wandered down the halls of the Supremacy, a scowl on her face, and a datapad in her hand. She was beyond furious that Officer [Y/n], of all people, somehow managed to survive everything that had happened on Batuu. When she had asked her fellow Bridge Officers what exactly went wrong, they couldn't exactly say.

            "I like, almost had her, but she ran, darling!" said Elsie.

            "It was all circumstance. A matter of a few moments and surely it would've been different!" Gerda insisted.

            "You had to be there" said Kate, as she rummaged through her container of freshly stolen, miraculously intact contraband. Darley rolled her eyes.

            "Enough," Darley had said, "It's clear to me that all three of you were incompetent. But what's done is done. This Order is in shambles, and I think we can ll agree. But go! Go mind your orders, return to the way you were. I thank you all for trying. Next time, the mission will be my own, and I will simply have to try harder than you idiots did."

            The three officers had looked at each other, each unsure of how exactly to respond to Darley's outburst. They could have argued. They could have tried to comfort her. But they each knew, knowing her, that the best course of action was probably to take the hits, and say nothing.

            "Yes, of course Officer Darley. We are sorry"

            "Like, truly sorry, love!

            "Alright, yes. Our apologies..."

            But now, it didn't matter what the imbecile officers had said. In fact, Darley had almost immediately forgotten all of it the moment she heard it. Because now, all she could think about was how she personally was going to get her revenge on [Y/n]... She made her way to her favorite of the Supremacy's supply closets—all of which she had mapped the location of her first day on board— and did what she had been doing regularly now, and sat cross-legged in the dark.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

            The Sith Code. She had heard it said many times before in passing discussion, what she wouldn't give for a real master of her own to explain it out to her, piece by piece. For now, the best she could do was gain whatever knowledge she could on her own. She meditated on it for a few moments, the passion of her hatred for [y/n] coursing through her.

            That girl really did get under her skin...

            It's almost funny, Darley thought, how her hatred had grown.... It had been so long, she almost forgot about the days when [y/n] had been her very best friend. When they had first been paired together as roommates on the Finalizer, they kept an almost silent, always professional reverence for each other's space, one never speaking to the other unless it was necessary. But one day, [y/n] said something to her that had made her laugh like crazy...

            It was a joke about one of their superiors... Darley had said something like, "What do you think Captain Canady does after hours?", to which [Y/n] replied, "Probably not much, since he has the face of an 800-year-old naked Bantha with rabies" It wasn't that what she had said was even particularly funny— though Darley found it to be upsettingly true— but more that it wasn't something she had expected [y/n] to say. Officer [Y/n], her always polite, always soft, always quiet roommate, saying something so mocking of such a high-ranked superior, without knowing how Darley would respond? It was risky, it was funny, and Darley respected it.