Chapter 1: apartment 502

Chris

~~~~~~~~~~~

I smile down at my English paper.

95 percent.

Let's fucking go. I was very proud of it, I worked my ass off on the paper and it was definitely worth it.

Class ends and I grab my shit and make my way out of the lecture hall.

"Hey, Chris." A girl says as she walks by me.

I smile and nod at her.

I don't remember who she was but I'm pretty sure I hooked up with her. I lost track, I'm not gonna lie.

I made my way to my car, I felt like I was high. Getting that grade just made me feel ten times better.

I drove home and felt like I was on top of the world. I walk through the front door and see Garrett and Taylor making out on the couch.

That's nice. They were madly in love and it was disgusting, I mean I don't really care. I'm not a relationship kind of guy, maybe if I met the right person that would change, but I haven't so, until then I'll keep hooking up with chicks.

I run upstairs and walk into my bedroom. I sigh as I fall down onto the bed.

There's a knock on my door before it opens to reveal Brennen.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Nah." I say.

"I'll pay." He says.

I look at him, "Deal." I say before getting up.

I knew the only reason he was so desperate to leave was because of Taylor and Garrett, he's been in love with her since they met. But she chose Garrett, I felt bad for Brennen but Taylor and Garrett made sense to me. No offense to Brennen.

He drives us to McDonalds and I blast Taylor Swift music on the speakers.

"If you're gonna play Taylor Swift can you not play the depressing ones?" He says.

"I like them." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes.

Once we got our food we drove home but I already ate half of my burger.

"I'm so hungry." I groan.

"I can tell." Brennen chuckles.

We pull up to the house and Taylor's car isn't there anymore.

"Tay-Tay's gone." I chuckle.

I look at Brennen and see him glaring at me, I love messing with him.

He gets out of the car with his bag of food just as my phone goes off.

Brooke: Hey, wanna come over tn?

I smile, Brooke was a girl I met last weekend at a party, we made out but she had to leave early. But I still got her number.

Me: Hell yeah

Brooke: cool, see ya at 7?

Me: Yup

I get out of the car and make my way inside, I run upstairs as I stuff the rest of my burger in my mouth.

I walk into my room and grab some clothes before making my way to the bathroom. The door was locked.

I knock on the door and groan.

"Jake, hurry up!' I yell.

"Dude, I'm showering!" He yells back.

"You always waste the hot water!" I yell.

"No! You do, Chris!" He yells back.

"Do not!" I object.

I hear the shower turn off before the door opens and I see Jake standing there in a towel.

"Fuck you." He says.

"Love you too man." I smile as I push past him.

I quickly get into the shower and make sure I'm as clean as possible. I brush my teeth in the shower too, simple but effective.

Once I'm done I change into some sweatpants and a white shirt. I quickly dry my blonde hair with a towel and smile at myself in the mirror just as Brooke texts me her address.

I make my way out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

"Where are you going?" I hear Garrett's voice.

I turn around and see him walking down the stairs.

"Hanging out with a girl." I smirk.

He chuckles as I grab my car keys.

"Don't get her pregnant!" He calls out as I walk out the door.

I get into the car and make my way to her apartment. Once I get there, I walk in and take the elevator up to the 5th floor.

502.

I stop in front of the door and knock on the door. I wait patiently for it to open, once it opens I see Brooke smiling at me.

"Hey, Chris." She says.

"Hey, gorgeous." I smirk.

She lets me in and we both make our way to her room. She closes the door behind us and locks it, I sit down on the bed and look around the room. It was pretty big, it smelled like perfume. It was really strong though, and kind of gave me a headache. I look at her as she sits down next to me.

"How was your day?" I say trying to start a conversation.

"Fine." She says as she smiles at me, "How was yours?" She asks.

I go to answer her question but she cuts me off by slamming her lips against mine. I freeze before kissing her back.

She pulls away and I smile, "My day just got better." I say.

She laughs before we go back to kissing. I gently push her down onto the bed and get on top of her.

~~~~~~~~

I look over at Brooke and see her passed out asleep. I sigh as I sit up, I run my fingers through my hair and look down at her. I pull the blankets over her naked body before I slowly get out of bed.

I grab my underwear and sweatpants and put them on, I pick my shirt off the ground before I walk out of the room. I slowly close the door behind me, making sure not to make a single noise. I sigh in relief as I close it, I put my shirt on and turn to leave. I freeze when I see the prettiest girl in the entire fucking world. She stands on the other side of the hallway, staring at me.

Holy fucking shit.

She was wearing an oversized shirt, I couldn't tell if she had anything underneath it because the shirt was covering it. She had paint on her legs and hands, I don't know why the hell I find that so attractive. But goddamn. Is this girl a model or something?

"Hi." I say.

"Hi?" She says.

Her voice was so soft. Jesus, I might just die.

"Uh, Brooke is asleep." I tell her.

"Okay?"

I couldn't move my body, I was frozen.

"The door is over there." She says, pointing to the front door.

"Oh, yeah." I say, coming back to reality.

I make my way to the front door and she just frowns at me.

"See ya." I say before walking out and closing the door behind me.

I stare at the closed door and try to breathe.

Who is the girl in apartment 502?