Unexpected apology from a forgotten somebody.

SUNNY sat on the floor of KEL's room, watching KEL try (and fail miserably) to win a video game.

The sight got boring, and SUNNY slowly and eventually zoned out.

From the corner of his eye, he detected movement. He wasn't sure though, his left eye was always his worst one, but at this point, it was the only eye he had.

He looked over, just to be sure, and sure enough, he saw OMORI, sitting on the floor beside him, knees up to his chest.

SUNNY hadn't expected to see the monochrome boy, since he hadn't seen him in a few weeks.

But, here he was.

OMORI didn't make eye contact.

"Let's make this quick and simple."

SUNNY loved quick and simple. It was his specialty.

"I'm sorry."

On second thought, maybe quick and simple wasn't always the best. It would mostly leave more questions than answers.

He would need an elaboration.

"I...I realized I was in the wrong, and I shouldn't have said what I said..And...Uh..And you're not at fault and it was just an act of complete anger."

SUNNY was sure STRANGER put him up to this. There's no way.

"I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

If OMORI truly did decide to apologize by himself, SUNNY thinks OMORI is mature for a 12 year old.

No response was needed. SUNNY and OMORI were just like that. OMORI understood. It just worked like that.

SUNNY forgives him. He probably shouldn't, because that was an asshole move earlier, but he still forgives him.

That is until, KEL shouts happily

"LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!"

SUNNY quickly looks at KEL, who seems to have finally won the game. Woohoo?

KEL puts his hand out for a high-five.

SUNNY slowly raises his hand and hits it against KEL's. What kind of asshole would reject KEL's high-five?

SUNNY looks over and realizes OMORI's gone. He couldn't stay to at least have a civil conversation?

"Now, I'm going to try and beat normal mode!" KEL said, removing SUNNY from his train of thought.

You were playing easy mode?

If it took him that long to beat easy, SUNNY was terrified for how long KEL would spend trying to beat normal.

SUNNY has to busy himself with something else, and quickly. He can't deal with KEL yelling when he loses and has to restart anymore. He needs to..Zone out. Which isn't as easy as he hopes it would be.

Maybe he could borrow a book? No. He'd have to talk for that, and that takes too much effort.

He grabs his phone out of his pocket. He forgot he had this.

SUNNY decides to text BASIL again. He was worried. Although he had AUBREY check on him, and he texted him just to make sure, he still felt worried.

Leaving BASIL alone was never a good idea. SUNNY had learned that painful lesson.

So, SUNNY texts something simple: U okay?

BASIL is quick to reply, well, SUNNY can see the three dots. BASIL keeps typing, and then stops. He really can't decide on what to say? Hm.