A awkward moment

BASIL and SUNNY decided to finally go back to BASIL's house to see if POLLY was back.

KEL tagged along as always and SUNNY didn't mind.

"Why does KEL have to come too?" BASIL leaned over to SUNNY's ear and whispered as they walked.

SUNNY shrugged, even if he did know why.

"Uhm.. I.. Uh.. I don't mind.. It was just a silly question.. Haha.."

Okay... It's not like SUNNY was wondering why he asked.. But now he kind of wanted to know... Never mind, that's none of his business.

"So!! What are we gonna do when we get there?" KEL said walking between the two boys, him randomly speaking up startling both of them slightly.

"Uhm... I.. Uhh.. I. Don't know.." BASIL kind of whispered.

"Eh, that's fine! We'll figure something out soon!"

When they finally reached BASIL's house, they walked up to the door, KEL was ready to knock.

"S-she's home." BASIL said out of the blue.

"How do you know?" KEL looked confused, even though her car was a quite obvious sign.

BASIL didn't reply, SUNNY found that slightly funny.

KEL went ahead and knocked on the door, it only took a few seconds before POLLY opened the door.

"There you are BASIL- oh! SUNNY and KEL! Hello!"

KEL smiled as always, "Sorry if we worried you! Me, BASIL, and SUNNY were at my house!"

"I was worried... How would I tell his parents I just lost their kid?"

SUNNY saw the slight uncomfortable look on BASIL's face at the mention of his parents.

"Th-they wouldn't c-care.." BASIL mumbled, apparently not quiet enough because SUNNY heard.

"Hm? What was that?" KEL looked a bit worried.

"No-nothing.. C-can we g-go inside n-now?"

When POLLY moved out of the way, BASIL was quick to rush inside, into his room and shut the door.

"Oh dear... I'm worried for him..."

KEL sat on the couch, "I think we should give him space though... Not for too long.."

What was that supposed to mean?

While POLLY and KEL were distracted, SUNNY walked to BASIL's bedroom door and knocked, even if he knew the door was unlocked and he could walk right in, he didn't.

"G-go a-away! J-just l-leave me a-al-alone!" BASIL sounded like he was crying.

And after hearing his quiet sobs, SUNNY confirmed his theory.

SUNNY opened the door, if BASIL wasn't going to let him in, he'd just have to walk in himself, and as suspected, the door was unlocked.

BASIL quickly looked up, surprised for a very good reason.

"Uh! Oh... It's just you SUNNY.." BASIL sniffled.

SUNNY sat beside BASIL on his bed.

"I.. I'm s-so t-tired... I'm t-tired SUNNY.. I c-can't d-do this a-anymore.. I-i m-miss my gra-grandma... I-it w-was always o-okay when s-she was h-here.."

SUNNY knew how BASIL felt, SUNNY loved MARI just as much as BASIL loved his grandma, he knew how it felt because he had also lost the person he loved most.

But SUNNY still had BASIL.... He loved MARI a lot, but after MARI came BASIL.. He was the second person SUNNY loved most..

And he knew he came in second for BASIL too. He also knew BASIL loved SUNNY more then he loved himself, which isn't healthy.