Panicking but learning to calm down

BASIL didn't like this, he didn't like this at all.. He felt so scared.. As if so many eyes we're on him, giving him disappointed looks.

As if all the eyes stared at him, disgusted by what they saw. As if everyone was staring and disappointedly shaking their heads, wondering how a child could be so useless... How a child's life could be so worthless..

Leave me alone leave me alone leave me alone.. LEAVE ME ALONE LEAVE ME ALONE LEAVE ME ALONE LEAVE ME ALONE!

"Hey BASIL, you okay?" KEL put his hand on BASIL's shoulder, causing BASIL to jump slightly.

"Uh! I.. Um.. Y-yeah.. I.. Um.. I'm fine.."

But the eyes wouldn't go away, they stared right through BASIL, wishing he would just disappear.

And he wished he would disappear too, nobody would care nor would they notice, they'd all be fine..

The disappointed looks were so annoying.. As if the eyes thought he wasn't good enough..

Please leave me alone.. Please.. I didn't do anything!

"Earth to BASIL! Hellooo??? Please come back to earth." KEL waved his hand in front of BASIL's face.

"Welcome back to earth! You keep freezing up, are you sure you're okay?"

He wanted to crawl in a hole and wait for gods gentle hand to kindly remove him from this planet.

"I.. Um.. I'm j-just a b-bit tired.. I'm uh.. I'm okay.."

SUNNY seemed to catch on quick and held BASIL's hand..

It had been five years... Five years since BASIL got to hold SUNNY's hand.. It.. It was a bit odd..

"Do you guys want to do anything? Hmm... Maybe we can.. Listen to music!"

Kel quickly ran upstairs, almost falling, which scared both SUNNY and BASIL so bad, before he looked back, gave a thumbs up before continuing to run up the stairs.

SUNNY and BASIL slowly followed, careful with each step they took.. BASIL hated stairs, and since he lived in a one story house, he could usually avoid them...

The eyes.. Why were they still here!?! He'd have to try to ignore them until he made it up the staircase.. We wouldn't want another stair accident, now would we?..

KEL was waiting at the door to he and HERO's bedroom "So! What kind of music do you want to listen to?" KEL said opening the bedroom door.

They entered, KEL started singing along to whatever song while SUNNY sat on the edge of KEL's bed and BASIL sat on the floor in a corner, he couldn't shake the feeling of eyes watching him..

The shadows covered every inch of his vision, the eyes surrounding him, first the eyes, then came voices..

The voices told him how worthless he was, how he was such a useless child...

He brought his knees up to chest, wrapping his arms around his legs, he felt as if he couldn't breathe.. He felt so dizzy and nauseous...he cried, he begged for the voices to leave him alone.. For the eyes to stop watching, for the people to stop shaking their heads in disappointment.

He just wanted them to leave him alone.. To let him try to be happy..

But the voices continued to shout their cruel words.

"Your so worthless! You shouldn't have killed MARI!"

"You only killed her because you were jealous! She had more talent than you! She had a better future!"

"You should've ended your life instead of hers!"

"No! That's not true! That's not true! That's not true! It's not true! It's not!"

"It is, you'll just never except it."

"No! It's not! Please just leave me alone!!"

The shadows went away, but the heavy feeling in his chest didn't, his vision was a bit blurry, but he could see.. HERO.. And KEL.. and maybe SUNNY..

"BASIL? Can you hear me?! It's okay! Just remember to breathe!"

"HERO!!! Is he okay!?"

"Hang on KEL! I'm trying to figure that out!"

"BASIL! Just breathe in and out, okay?.."

Why couldn't they all leave him alone? He didn't deserve this attention..

"I.. Uh.. Uhm... II.. I-im.. F-fine.."

He tried to calm his racing heartbeat, he attempted to steady his shaking hands, he gave his best attempt at trying to calm down and breathe.

"BASIL? Are you okay?"

His vision got more clear, he saw HERO, in front of him, a worried expression on his face.

KEL was standing a few feet away, he looked scared.

"BASIL.. Can you tell me what happened? What caused you to freak out like that?"

"I.. Uhm.. They... Uhm.. T-the.. Uh.. I j-just wanted t-them to l-leave me alone.."

HERO looked back at KEL and SUNNY, "uh, do you guys have any idea what he's talking about?"

KEL shook his head "I've never seen him freak out like that.. I.. I got so scared, I didn't know what to do and-"

"It's okay KEL.. He's okay now.."

SUNNY walked over to them, he knelt down and picked up the flower that must've fell out of BASIL's hair, he gently set it back in BASIL's hair before sitting beside BASIL.

"HERO, you're in medical school! You know something about that, right?"

"Uh.. A little.. He must've had a panic attack.. I think.."

"Oh.. Wait what's that? I can't really tell the difference between stuff like that.."

"We'll talk about that later.. Okay KEL? I need to go talk with mom.." HERO said before leaving.

"BASIL.. Are you okay? Do you want anything?" KEL tried to be helpful, and it was truly a great attempt.

"N-no.. I.. N-no thank y-you.."

BASIL rested his head on SUNNY's shoulder, still trying to calm himself.

KEL left the room, feeling defeated that he couldn't help.

BASIL was so tired.. He barely slept last night... Maybe only getting an hour and a half of sleep..

He closed his eyes, deciding a nap couldn't hurt anyone.

He heard KEL walk back into the room, saying something before he dozed off.

A/N: short chapter.. I'm sorry 😭 anyway, poor little BASIL... And, Wattpad keeps deleting my chapters sooo... Also I have family things going on right now, so a new chapter is going to take a while, NOOBS/j 🤗

Words:1000

Catch ya on the flip side my children❤