09

A/N: song has nothing to do with story, i just like it a lot loll:)

Althea's Pov

Me and Enoch were up all night. Well kinda.

We ended up falling asleep to the music. I shook him awake at 5 am to go back to his room. I felt bad but I didn't wanna get in trouble.

I thought about hugging him. That hug made me feel good inside. Complete. I dont get a lot of hugs. I wish he knew how much it meant to me.

My thoughts were interrupted by Millard coming into my room. Me and him had grown somewhat close. "It's time for breakfast. Be careful of Olive." I wondered what he meant by that.

I walked downstairs. Enoch motioned me to sit next to him. I did. "Enoch, wont Olive be mad i'm sitting here?" I asked.

"Doesn't matter to me." Enoch retorted. "She isn't my girlfriend or even really a friend."

Olive walked in "Good to know, Enoch. I bet you enjoyed fucking Althea last night."

WHAT?

I shot my head to Ms Peregrine. The whole table was in shock. Enoch's head turned to Olive.

"We didn't. She showed me music. Don't ever say something like that again. There are kids around." He sneered at Olive.

Ms Peregrine stopped everything. "Olive, Althea, Enoch- you will be organizing the library for 3 hours a day until you have settled this. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it is unacceptable. And I never thought I'd need to say this.. but just so everyone is clear: intercourse is not permitted within the loop!" We ate in silence.

After breakfast we cleaned up. I created a vinyl player and began to play music. I dont really care about what they think, I can't focus without music.

Enoch worked silently. Olive said my music was horrible but I heard her humming along a few times. We completed our cleaning in silence. I guess we weren't ready to work thinga out. I didn't see what there was to work out, honestly. I couldn't figure out why she was so upset with me and Enoch. I know she likes him. Its quite evident. But me and him havent done anything wrong. We aren't even that close, honestly.

, time skip to after cleaning

Me, Claire, Fiona, and Bronwyn were having a "girls day". Emma and Olive were busy, so sadly it was me alone. I didn't mind too much though. I was doing Claire's nails. Fiona was doing Bronwyn's hair.

"Let's play truth or dare!!" Bronwyn exclaimed. They all seemed so happy.

We got into a circle. Bronwyn started

"Fiona, truth or dare?"

"Truth!"

"Is it true you like Hugh?"

Fiona blushed. "Just a bit.. but pinky promise you won't say anything!!" We all pinky promised. Shes so precious.

The game went on for awhile. We got the Claire again.

"Claire, truth or dare?" I asked.

"Dare"

"I dare you to tell us a secret"

Claire got quiet. "I only wanna tell you, Althea."
I looked at the other 2 girls and they shrugged. Claire lunged towards me and rested her hands on my shoulder..

"Enoch said you were beautiful. I think he likes you!" She giggled. I was honestly shocked. But I played it off.

"You're silly. You guys are all so silly! I love you guys, though." I laughed and began to tickle them.
They went to bed soon after.

I walked into my room, put on pjs and a tank top. I fell into my bed.

Enoch thinks I'm beautiful?
Well, I think he's beautiful too.

His brown hair and brown eyes. His lovely pale skin. His stupid Scottish accent. Him. He is the sun, despite how cold he acts.

A/N: okay guys sorry if this chapter was lame but i had to set it up bc the next chapter gonna be interesting.
tysm to the 2 people currently reading this book, i appreciate you!!